Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Question about bleeding the clutch line!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 07:44 PM
Default Question about bleeding the clutch line!!

My clutch pedals dropping to the floor, so I know there's air in the line and it needs to be bled, but would that problem make it so I cant get into gear?? which is what i'm facing now.

Old 09-12-2007, 03:58 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: Question about bleeding the clutch line!!

Only one way to find out. Bleed it, and go from there

Old 09-12-2007, 06:07 AM
Recognized HCF Member

Yes you can't shift into gear because the clutch system is not working. You'll probably find the reservoir is empty because something is leaking fluid, so even if you bleed it it's going to happen again.

Old 09-13-2007, 10:18 AM

When you bleed the system the clutch has to be pulled backUP by hand. This is normal. It threw me at first when I bled mine last week. Pedal & pressure is provided by the plate spring etc. Reservoir is small and easy to suck air into the system. If you hear any slurp . . .re-bleed the system you have air in it now. Top off reservoir after a few pumps. [/align]

Old 09-13-2007, 10:23 AM
Recognized HCF Member

if the clutch is working then all of a sudden the pedal just falls to the floor and stays there it sounds like a mainly a slave cylinder which is bolted onto the clutch or your clutch master(firewall) is going out. My friends talon did that he went through probably 5 slave cylinders then just replace both and the flex line and it works good with his stage 3 clutch

Old 09-14-2007, 10:25 AM

FYI If your bleeding your system, Honda's respond well to a proper procedure when bleeding the clutch line. (Mine was not working until this Honda Guru showed me how) How are you bleeding the system? The old way, by pumping it up and having someone hold pressure on the pedal as someone cracks the nipple on the slave and retightens it, then repeat that process over and over. Is the wrong way for a Honda believe it or not lol... Turns out the BEST way to bleed is by pumping it a couple times (3-4) then with your buddy who doesn't know much about cars places his hand on the clutch pedal. You crack the nipple so it bleeds and he slowly pushes the pedal down. Once he bottoms out then you retighten, repeat the process till all the air is out of the lines. Make sure there is always enough fluid in the reservoir. Hope that helps!!!