Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Need help bleeding the ABS Hydraulic Modulator

Old 04-10-2005, 07:00 PM
Default Need help bleeding the ABS Hydraulic Modulator

I just replaced my master cylinder on my 97 Civic, I started by bench bleeding the master cylinder and then installed it. My Haynes manual says to bleed the AMS Hydraulic Modulatur using the bleed screw on it. Mine does not have a bleed screw, just 6 brake lines, 2 coming from the master cylinder and the others going to the wheel. Since the ABS hydraulic modulator did not have a bleed screw, I proceeded with bleeding the brakes as as normal: RR, LF, LR and RF. I did this with the enging off.

After this, the brakes still feel spongy. Since the instructions for bleeding the ABS hydraulic modulator said to do it with the engine running to build up pressure in the ABS system, I started the engine and tried bleeding it from the right rear wheel, but there was nothing coming out of the rear wheel. Makes sense since the brake were not applied.

How can I go about bleeding the ABS hydraulic modulator when there is no bleed screw?

Thanks in advance for your help.
56kz2slow