Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Solved Problems (Check Here First)

Old 02-06-2007, 02:20 PM
n2
Default RE: Solved problems. Check here first.

Mother in law has an 06 civic lx. She runs the car very little (once every 4 or 5 days). She has complained that the car does not start on its own. She has to call aaa and get a jump. The car is garaged and has just recently been back to the dealer who has claimed to have checked the electrical system. im thinking that shes got a bum battery. Any other ideas?

Old 02-06-2007, 02:25 PM
HCF Member

have the dealer fix it until they get it right.

the car should still have a warranty. if the dealership gives you lip then call the area rep from Honda North America and file a grievance.

Old 02-06-2007, 02:36 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: n2

Mother in law has an 06 civic lx. She runs the car very little (once every 4 or 5 days). She has complained that the car does not start on its own. She has to call aaa and get a jump. The car is garaged and has just recently been back to the dealer who has claimed to have checked the electrical system. im thinking that shes got a bum battery. Any other ideas?

Ill tell you exactly why the car dies. These days, cars run and demand a lot of juice from their batteries. If they sit too long without being started the car eats the battery. To prevent this you need to get a battery stabilizer. What it does is plug into the receptacle in the grill of the car (a device comes with it that connects the battery and then thru the grill so you wont have to open the hood to do it) and your done. It charges the battery but also stops chargin it so it doesnt over charge however optimizes a full charge so the battery wont wear out.

Tell your dealer they are a downright dumbass for not being able to answer that question.

Old 02-15-2008, 11:30 AM

i need some help!my si is having some problems.my car stop turing on.i changed the o2 sensor for my check enging light the alternator.but the car would still keep turing off and it wouldnt start.what could be the problem?

Old 02-26-2008, 01:00 PM

I'm pretty sure I solved my 92 civic starting problem.

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_558182/tm.htm

Old 03-16-2008, 06:16 PM

I have a 2006 Honda Civic and installed 150 lbs of Dynamat to dampen road noise. I was getting 38 mpg before installing dynamat, but am now getting 26 mpg. What is going on?
I do not have any check engine lights on.

Help please.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:48 AM
HCF Member

You may need to reset your ecu ken, make sure the computer is reading the new setup correctly.

Old 06-06-2009, 09:38 AM
Default Iacv??

I had to advance my spark to keep the car from dieing on me and i get rpm spikes when at idle. I've cleaned the unit once but no change. It also sputters from idle to about 1800 rpms. The idle is sitting at 1100 now though. Any ideas?

Old 07-06-2009, 02:28 PM
Default Timing is too advanced. Won't retard properly.

Im working on a 92 civic 1.5L auto 4dr. It runs, but runs with high nox emmissions. I am having problem getting it to time correctly. When using the distributor to time it is retarded all the way. I am following procedure to time. Installing a jumper in the 2 prong harness, letting the vehicle warm up to operating tempurature. Trying to time it to the red line which is @ 16 deg. (the middle red line between the three.) Here is what I done so far: Pulled off the timing belt, inspected it, inspected the crank key. re-aligned the 9 oclock and 3 oclock marks to the cylinder head, re aligned the crank to top dead center. (lonely white mark next to the three...) reinstalled the timing belt with careful attention to the front side to keep the tension and put it back together. When I tried it this time, same results, still out (too advanced) by 6 to 8 degrees. I talked to a honda mechanic and he said it sounds like its off a tooth. I tried skipping a tooth one way and then the other and the marks on the top crank pulley would be way out either way then. Therefore it is aligned properly. Have any of you heard of a clogged cat or bad O2, maybe a blown head gasket throwing out the timing? (By the way I did change my O2 sensor.) (my antifreeze and oil are perfect) (new ngk oem plugs) The car intermittely bogs on acceleration. Feels like a half plugged cat. Only thing left is to drop the cat and try to time. Where is the flaw in what I am doing? The Honda is fine, its me I know it! Any help will be appreciated.

Old 09-19-2009, 08:40 AM
Default brakes

what is happening when the brakes are stiff with the car off, and loose with the car on?
i have a 95 civic lx 4 dr sedan.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Solved Problems (Check Here First)