Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

SRS Harness --- Air bag light on --- I Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 01:31 PM
Default SRS Harness --- Air bag light on --- I Need Help

Hi

So a few years back a wire got ripped/cut under the drivers seat. A yellow wire and my air bag light turned on.

Dealership rewired it back together, the air bag light turned off. They said if the air bag light turns back on that the floor harness will have to be replaced. A note on the bill says ( SRS Harness is un-repairable to to resisitance values)

Anyways so 2 months later the air bag light turned on. I took it back to the dealership and they said I need a new floor harness / SRS harness.

Is the floor harness and the SRS harness the same thing or two different parts or the same thing ?

How much would that part cost to buy just for that part without labour ? (note if that is in cdn or u.s. Dollars please)

Dealership said the cause of air bag light on is requires floor harness to be replaced. Code 22-1 = drivers seat buckle.

Dealership quote (cnd $) $661.00 for parts and labour plus tax

I want to get this fixed but I have a friend who could probably fix it, I havent talk to him about it yet. I want to know this kinda of repair is something he can fix easily on his own for a cheaper labour cost then the dealership or would the dealership be a better to have them repair it because it would be too complicated to do on your own ?

Also once the harness is installed will this fix the air bag problem and the light will turn off ?

- cost of a floor harness / SRS harness ?

- where can I buy the floor harness / SRS harness ?

- can I easily install the harness on my own or does the dealership need to do it ?

Thanks
Kyle

Old 03-29-2015, 01:34 PM

Oh ya the car above is a 2005 honda civic coupe SE

Thanks