Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

still gots an idle problem after all of this im stumped....

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 01:08 AM
Default RE: still gots an idle problem after all of this im stumped....

adjust your idole screw....

Old 05-07-2007, 01:17 AM
HCF Member

^ That wouldnt cause it to be bouncy or erratic, that would just cause it to idle higher or lower than normal.

Also try bleeding your coolant, sometimes if there are air bubbles in your coolant they will rise to your IACV and cause it to act wierd. Its a long shot but who knows.

If it still bounces then you probably have a vacuum leak somewhere. While your car is running there should be a small hose running to the drivers side of your Intake manifolds plenum It should be the farthest one to the right. Pull that off your intake manifold then plug the little nub/connector it was on with your finger, if it doesnt sound like its gonna stall when you do that than more than likely you have a vacuum leak somewhere.

Old 05-07-2007, 06:28 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: elusive_da

adjust your idole screw....
Stop telling people that! Also, it's spelled IDLE, not idole

Reaching into the engine bay and adjusting things is not how you fix a problem.

To the OP, Did you ever test the TPS like I told you to in your other thread?

Old 05-07-2007, 01:29 PM
HCF Member

yea i checked it came out fine ......just reset the ecu now its just shooting out 21....so I am going to swap for the right harness and after that if it still dose it get the air out of the cooling system again ...so ill let you guys know after that .......i didnt think a wire harness would do this lol but who knows

Old 05-07-2007, 07:39 PM
HCF Member

ok well we will see tomarrow if switching the wire harness works since i need to go and grab from my local j/y a vtec pressure sensor---hid it in a trunk and a 4wire oxy sensor then i can start it up and see but before i did this wire harness swap it shot out 14 again so im going to bleed the coolant or purge it of air tomarrow as well once i see what the harness dose.......

Old 05-08-2007, 02:37 PM
HCF Member

ok so yea switched the wire harness now the car wont start going to check all the plugs first before i start cursing big time since i spent 2hours with the harness putting it in and taking it out.........arrrgghhhhhh

Old 05-08-2007, 03:30 PM
Laced with Sarcasm

if a car won't start, check three things. Fuel, spark, and compression. Work ahead from there

Old 05-08-2007, 06:18 PM
HCF Member
Default NEW problem!!!!

forgot to tighten the ground .....my bad.....but it starts now got all the bubbles out and it idles pretty ok but there is a big ticking noise from the engine and my tach is bouncing al over the place(aftermarket installed by P.O.....) and i if remembering right said something about a broken cam??? but i am not sure how would i figure this out its throwing out code 21 so I am unsure whats wrong with the engine would a Y8 cam work ?? since i have a head set up sitting in the junk yard........let me know please this is now a running problem i guess

Old 05-08-2007, 06:21 PM

the tps sensor needs to be clocked in, so at idles it reads something like .4 volts and at WOT it reads about 4 volts. if its not right then it will throw a code

Old 05-08-2007, 06:41 PM
HCF Member

TPS is ok error code 21 ='s vtec problem......i think the way the tach is set up its reading the rotor or something theres extra wires on the cap so i know thats how they hooked it up so i really dont read that tach as correct exspecially if i know its running correct and the tach is everywhere else for awhile then it settles down.....but i definately need to figure out this problem of the ticking since i need this car to run nice etc until i get a dohc in to it this winter.....or something like that lol but yea just would like to figure out this problem so i can 1-get check engien light off 2-make it run correctly so on and so forth

P.S, For my first idle problem thank you for those who helped in figureing out what it was which was quite abit....

Quick Reply: still gots an idle problem after all of this im stumped....