Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Two General lighting/electrical questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 04:46 PM
Default Two General lighting/electrical questions

Hi, I have two general questions about my 2014 Civic EX coupe I hope can be answered.

First, I am aware I can disconnect the fuse to my daytime running lights and they will still work with the high beam if needed. The problem is, I like my DRL, especially since I installed LEDs, but there will be times I need to turn them off. Therefore, I thought about installing a switch within the fuse somehow, allowing me to turn on or off the DRL at will. Anyone know how to do this?

Second, since installing the LED for my DRL, I like the idea of completing the entire vehicle with LEDs. I had to install a load resisters for the DRL to eliminate the "check DRL system" message. Therefore, if I installed LEDs to the rest of the vehicle, will I receive more messages and require more load resisters? I didn't find anything in the manual about warnings for the DRL, thus, I didn't know it would partake. The same applies with the other lights as I don't know if a warning will display.

Thank you