Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Widshield Blurred - due to Heater

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 09:59 PM
Default Widshield Blurred - due to Heater

Hi,

It was a cold day with a heavy snowfall and rain here and after clearing the snows on the windshield , I started driving my Civic 2001 LX back from my office at 630 pm. I had my rear defrost and winshield defrost and heater On. After i started driving , i noticed that most of the windshield was misty (foggy). I hardly had any visibility through the windshield,after some time, I tried turning off the heater and defrost and nothing seemed to work. My visibility was not impeded by the snow or rain but by this misty thing on my windshield, made my windshield translucent. I was just happy, that I reached home safe. I am not sure , if I was doing something wrong or is it a problem in my heating system or windshield or something else that I need to look into or is there any alternative solution. Could someone pls shed some light on this issue as I am not able to drive my car due to this problem.

Thanks

Old 12-08-2005, 10:08 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Widshield Blurred - due to Heater

I think you may need to clean your windshield or put these anti-fog on it. It works for me atleast.

Old 12-09-2005, 09:15 AM

you know i have used the anti-fog rain-x type formula. and it actually made it worse. But how cold was it outside. usually when it is really cold if you can stand it is crack the window just a littke bit so it brings frsh air into the cabin and that will dclear the winshield when you are driving. and make sure when you have the defrost on you have it on outside air. not recirculae b/c that can do it too. if you have it set where it just uses the cabin air it wil fog up the winshield. or you could just stop singin while you're driving b/c that can do it too. no joke man. last year i had to ask my gf to be quiet this one time on one of our dates. b/c when ou talk alot it will fog up the windows. i felt so bad, and she was pissed. thats why when you go park somehwere like at the drive-in theatre(or a back road at 2 am w/ your girlfriend) and you put it on inside air it will fog the windows b/c of the heat coming out of the cabin taucheing the winsield. it will do it.

Old 12-10-2005, 10:57 PM

If the mist/foggy issue is on the inside and the car has A/C. Then the easiest thing to do is turn on the A/C. The A/C removes moisture from the air even when selected in the heat modes. If you have a sweet smell in the car then most likely you have heater core issues. But I'd try turning on your A/C and see what that does.

Old 12-10-2005, 11:02 PM

Yeah, worst-case scenario your heater core is leaking coolant vapor into your heating system. Try the A/C like cdn suggested.