Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 10:46 PM
HCF Member
Default Window Help

my passenger side window is really been acting up as lately. I think that the little motor that powers the window is not getting any power or the motor has died. I decided to take the door pannel off with my day off on saturday. When i took the thing off i reliezed that i had no clue what i was doing or looking for. Or really how to check for things. I was wondering if anyone could help me with what i should be looking or if is even happend to you guys have had this problem before? if you can help your advice will not fall on deaf ears. please help me out!!!!!
________
Squirt_Hotxxx

Last edited by BrianT; 04-28-2011 at 09:00 AM.
Old 05-22-2006, 01:01 AM
Default RE: Window Help

Ya know, I just responded to your older post and then found this one too. Funny, because in this respect, we have the same kind of car and same problem. The motor on my passenger window is veerrrrryyyy sllloowwww. It takes about three times longer to roll up than the drivers side, but it still works.

I hope someone can help you figure it out because I haven't ever had to get inside the door panels on my car, because if I did I know I wouldn't know anything about it... so no point there!

Good luck!

Old 05-22-2006, 04:50 PM
HCF Member

hey, thanks for the help. small world after all i guess
________
TSD TACTICAL FEEDER PLASTIC AIRSOFT

Last edited by BrianT; 04-28-2011 at 09:00 AM.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:32 AM

If your window motor actually raises and lowers the window, it should be ok. Inside your door is what Honda calls the window regulator, a single unit which contains the window motor. The motor winds a cable in the desired direction, which in turn pulls the window holder along a sliding track, thus moving the window up and down. This track is greased from the factory, but over time the grease wears thin and dirt from outside collects on it and creates a lot of friction. It makes it difficult for the motor to move the window, such as in your case. If you are interested in tackling it yourself, I can post the pdf files from my Honda service manual. They show exploded views as well as tell you how to remove the regulator. It also tells you where to grease the tracks. I had to replace the whole unit in my 98 civic about a year ago because the cable inside the regulator was about to break. It isn't that hard to do.

Old 11-17-2006, 04:36 AM

could I get those Honda window diagrams. I am having a problem with my driver side window. Need to disassemble it and don't want to get in too deep.