Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

won't start in warm weather

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 11:31 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: won't start in warm weather

glad to help out man..... i wish mine was that easy. lol, i had my whole dash 2 bolts from comming out. I got a new relay switched, nothing.... electrical stuff sucks.

Im pretty sure that relay controls more than we can see. Like the pump, some ignition stuff... i know a wire goes from it to the fuse panel underneath the hood and one underneath the dash. Fuse #31 i think the ECU fuse underneath the hood and #14? under the dash... the starter switch or something.

Also with the dimmer switch, id just go to the junkyard and get one...

Old 09-20-2007, 12:00 PM

would the dimmer switch also be the reason that the cruise control doesn't work? Even if the cruise control is part of the steering column, rather than the switch? Or is that only the case when the cruise control switch is on the panel with the dimmer?

i'm sorry i'm asking so many questions, but you guys have been great!

Old 09-20-2007, 09:59 PM
HCF Member

i dont see why the dimmer switch wouldnt make your CC not work. Then again, electrical stuff can be all jacked up... Im not real sure if theres some wires going through where the dimmer switch go and the CC to its big box thing under the hood. I would check some fuses first and foremost. let us know if you got any more info.

Old 09-21-2007, 07:43 AM
Recognized HCF Member

There are several parts involved in the cruise control so it's going to get expensive to just start replacing without a proper diagnosis first. The major parts are the actuator under the hood (make sure the cable is actually hooked up to the throttle), a control box under the dash, and some switches. Besides the buttons on the column it is also interlocked with switches on the brake and (if manual) clutch pedals. When you press either pedal the cruise will drop out, if it thinks either pedal is pressed it won't engage. I think if it is a problem with the column buttons you have to replace the entire mondo lights/ dimmer/ turn signal/ wiper/ cruise combination switch assembly.