Mid West IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

recommended Honda dealer in IL

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 04:09 AM
Default recommended Honda dealer in IL

Hi,

I'm new here and I joined because I was hoping to get some recommendations for a good honda dealer in Illinois. I live in Lincolnwood and am planning to buy my first brand new car. Right now I have my eyes set on a 2007 Civic Sedan LX. I was initially opting for the hybrid version but i learned it would take years of usage before the fuel savings can compensate for the added cost. You can tell that fuel economy is a big thing for me. Well, that's the primary reason I chose the Civic. I think it's the best car under $20K for me.

I appreciate all the inputs i can get.

Cheers!

Old 10-27-2006, 11:28 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: recommended Honda dealer in IL

If your really looking for just fuel economy and price, look into the Honda Fit. I'm not sure what the exact fuel economy on them is, but they are really small and should have very good fuel economy. The only problem with these cars is that they are really small. As far as dealers go, my family has bought cars for Carrs Honda (by Western and Devon i think) and O'Hare Honda (Oakton and River Road). I was pretty young when we bought cars but i know that my mom's accord, my aunt's accord, and my cousin's civic are all form O'Hare Honda. So i guess they must be decent if we keep going back to them.

Old 10-27-2006, 03:38 PM

The Fit and the Civic don't differ much in terms of fuel economy. And yeah, you're right, I too find them small. But that's the point of a sub-compact, right?. Hehe! Anyway, I'm not totally saying no to choosing the Fit but I like the Civic much better overall.

I've read bad reviews of Carrs Honda on the internet. I don't know if they're true. I'll try to dig up more information on O'Hare Honda but at least I found one positive vote for them. Thanks!

Any more inputs out there?

Old 10-28-2006, 12:07 AM
HCF Member

I'm a little sceptacle of Carr's right now since i found an ad for an 06 Si coupe (used) that they were selling for $26k (see my post in the OT section).