New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

1999 Si in Texas

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 04:26 AM
August 2010 ROTM

Wow... I'm jealous. Beautiful car, wish mine was as clean...

Old 02-08-2011, 07:16 PM
HCF Member

So that's what their stock air boxes look like! Keep it clean dude.

Old 02-08-2011, 07:36 PM
HCF Member

All I can say is wow that is an extremely clean and well kept SI I dont even look like it was driven since it rolled out of the factory.

Old 02-27-2011, 06:07 PM

Added another pic to my album.

Old 02-27-2011, 06:30 PM

grats on the car it looks awesome!

but am i the only one that is tilting my head that someone's bragging about a 12 year old car, that was hardly driven that still works perfectly. if you take care of something, its bound to last. look at factory stock vehicles from the U.S. for instance. some of those cars from the 70's that were maintained as well as your civic is, still look showroom beautiful, 40 years later.

i mean yeah. i would have to say its definatly nice that the car is 12 years old and hasn't had the **** driven out of it like most hondas.

not trying to flame/troll. just sayin... its only 12 years old.

Old 02-28-2011, 07:26 AM

Helmet648,

No offense taken - I understand what you are saying. You are right - a 1999 auto with low miles should be in good shape. The thing is, how many cars like this do you actually ever see on the road? Most people consider a car to be a transportation appliance, and treat it accordingly. The small percentage of owners who are "car enthusiasts" can't help modifying their cars by pulling off factory parts and adding "performance" upgrades. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with either of these viewpoints, but they do reduce the number of nice, original cars on the road. And then luck has a lot to do with it - if you drive a car at all, you risk physical damage. Cars get banged up by accidents, stolen by thieves, damaged by weather elements, and abused by vandals. This particular car has been lucky enough to avoid all these problems. So yes, you are right, there is nothing really extraordinary about this car except for the fact that it has been taken care of, driven carefully, and left the way Honda designed it. It's just a nice clean stock Si, and for that reason alone, people seem to like looking at it.

By the way, you mention 40 year old American iron - you might like to know my other "toy" car is a 1970 Buick Skylark. It is also in good (but not original) condition. Here's a link to some pics:

http://www.v8buick.com/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=13552

Last edited by 99SiOldGuy; 02-28-2011 at 08:12 AM. Reason: typo
Old 02-28-2011, 07:29 AM
July 2010 ROTM

We dont server hater-ade here helmet. Go try honda tech.

Old 02-28-2011, 07:40 AM

^calm down on that.

Both have valid points. It's a low miles Si in great shape. Some people would say "so what"? Even at only 12 years old, what makes it so special.

Those of us in the scene know that such a minty fresh Si is extremely rare. They've all been riced out, wrecked and rebuilt, stolen and stripped, parted out, swapped, molested, and basically can't be found anymore. Yet to see that time capsule in his garage... it's amazing.

To anyone outside of the scene, yeah, it's a nice clean car. To us, it's a thing of beauty.

Old 02-28-2011, 08:44 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by WellFedHobo
^calm down on that.

Both have valid points. It's a low miles Si in great shape. Some people would say "so what"? Even at only 12 years old, what makes it so special.

Those of us in the scene know that such a minty fresh Si is extremely rare. They've all been riced out, wrecked and rebuilt, stolen and stripped, parted out, swapped, molested, and basically can't be found anymore. Yet to see that time capsule in his garage... it's amazing.

To anyone outside of the scene, yeah, it's a nice clean car. To us, it's a thing of beauty.
+1 internetz to Hobo

Old 02-28-2011, 02:22 PM

see yeah i'm new to hondas. i wasn't trying to hate on anyone. i was just merely asking why all hte hububb over a 12 year old car. now i know. and now that i think about it. i've never seen a Si civic of that year at all around here.

*drools over the skylark* nice 2nd ride. my dream muscle is a 67 442, or at least a cutlass.

so yeah brent, calm down i'm just a noob.
car i had before i got my civic, is a 1980 LUV with more miles on it than i care to admit. thing just keeps going. tho it needs alot of tlc.

Quick Reply: 1999 Si in Texas