New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

94 ex check engine lights...

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 12:55 PM
HCF Member
Default 94 ex check engine lights...

hey guys, new to the forum and just recently back into the civic family.
I had a 95 ex coupe around 10 years ago or so and lost it to a bad car wreck and finally have picked up another, a 94 ex coupe. My this car has a D15B2 (that as far as I can tell came stock in a CRX? and has 92 horsepower) and it is giving me a "check engine" light after making it up to highway speeds. it doesnt seem to run bad at all, in fact it runs better than my 95 ever did. Just wondering if anyone knew what would cause the light to come on. Paperwork that came with the car (from when the swap was done) shows that the engine has around 54k. the only problems Ive found with the car at all is a "fried" turn signal connector, a tach that only works when it wants to, and cosmetic issues.
The tach Ive come to the conclusion is just a loose connection, I just cannot find the damn thing.... cosmetic issues are due to a previous bad driver lol....

Old 04-20-2012, 03:30 PM

You've got to pull your codes. Behind the kick panel on the passenger side should be your computer and a green plug. You plug a wire into the two connectors on that plug essentially opening the circuit. Do a search though on how to pull your codes, you will get a much better explanation than I can give. you have to hook the jumper wire up and turn the key on and count how many times the CEL blinks, requires a little bit of math.

Once you get what codes they are it will be much easier to figure out how to fix it.