New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Brand new and already got a question!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 02:11 PM
Default Brand new and already got a question!

Hey everybody!

Whats up? I have a 95 Civic EX that's my baby. Not much done to the motor, just an intake and a strut bar, but the exterior looks pretty sweet if I do say so myself! (No pics though, ill try to get em up soon) Got a full body kit about 90% molded, one piece headlights with halos, about a 3" drop courtesy of Dropzone, red/white tail lights, (like the 2000 si's not those crappy altezzas [:'(][:'(]) and 17" Sacchi rims. It's primer gray right now and the interior is totally gutted in preparation for some major work.

Well, enough braggin' my question is this: I put euro gauges on it about a year ago and ever since, the needle has been acting up. What I mean is when i'm goin' down the road it bounces everywhere from 0 when im really goin' 45 to 120 when im goin' 75. It seems that my engine realizes it somehow too. An example is that i'll be drivin' down the freeway doin' about 70 and then the needle will act up. When it does that, my car will go from about 3000-3200 rpm's to about 3500 rpms. I don't think it shifts into a whole other gear its just runs a a higher rpm. I asked this question at another forum and some guy made me feel dumb, he was like, "your gauges show you what your car is doing, the engine doesn't follow the gauges." I am well aware of the technical aspects of my car and the transmission but I just thought it peculiar that my car would act up when the gauges acted up. You all seem nice so I thought I could get a more polite answer here.

Thanks!

Old 05-12-2006, 02:59 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Brand new and already got a question!

welcome to the forum!!..you car sounds nice, but for the question about the gauges, i have never tooken mine out before, but is there somthing that you unhooked that you dident hook back up properly?

...also try posting the question about the gauges in the apperiance section and see if anyone knows the anser, i no there has been a couple guys on here with different gauges

Old 05-12-2006, 03:52 PM

thanks, im gonna post that question in other "rooms" too. This forum is definitely nicer than the other one I am in. It's nice not to feel stupid when you ask a question. Nice Civic by the way!

Old 05-12-2006, 05:02 PM
HCF Member

my guess would be something isnt hooked up right. so youve been driving a year with a broken speedo? but check the wires and maybe theres a short or it could just be a coincidence and you need a new speedo cable

Old 05-15-2006, 10:53 PM
Recognized HCF Member

how many miles are on the car? is it the orignal speedo?