New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Dealer Options for an 06 SI?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 11:52 AM
Default Dealer Options for an 06 SI?

So the delivery date of my 06 SI is quickly aproaching (I have the choice of a black one on monday or waiting another 3-5 weeks for the blue I want).

I am wondering if their are any dealer options that people feel are usefull. Here is what I am thinking right now...

Dealer Install
-Moon Roof Visor

Purchase online (via hondas parts website) and installing myself
-Ipod Adapter
-Locking Lugs
-Mudflaps
-Fog Lights

Honda's site gives very good installation directions and the only thing on the list I wouldn't feel comfortable installing is the visor (I don't want to get near the paint).

Anyways, any input is welcome and of course I will post pics when the car is in

-Gary

Old 06-24-2006, 12:12 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Dealer Options for an 06 SI?

Go for black man, you'll love it. Moon roof visor? Dont need one. Ipod adapter? probably but if you can get an aftermarket for it, get one. I think fog lights will look way cool.

Old 06-24-2006, 12:41 PM

ORIGINAL: phoenix_gtr

Go for black man, you'll love it. Moon roof visor? Dont need one. Ipod adapter? probably but if you can get an aftermarket for it, get one. I think fog lights will look way cool.
I've seen all the colors in person and the red, blue, and black all look very sharp. The ipod adapter is nice because it allows you to controll it from the stearing wheal (I'm not sure if there are aftermarket plugins that would work with that). As for the visor, I just like the look. It seems to break up the body a little bit (there is a nice picture of a red one with it further down the first page of this forum).

I do think the black would be awsome. It will be a tough choice.

Thanks for the thoughts
-Cheers

Old 06-24-2006, 01:18 PM

hi, as one of the many 06 si owners in this forum let me say you don't really need all the dealer options. i mean if its what you want then i guess, but the si is great as it is. are you more interested in looks than performance? you could save up the money and but some basic engine upgrades.

what ever your choice, congratulations, you'll have a fun time with the 06 si.

(black, get the black one...... )

Old 06-24-2006, 02:37 PM

ORIGINAL: ummmmmm......

hi, as one of the many 06 si owners in this forum let me say you don't really need all the dealer options. i mean if its what you want then i guess, but the si is great as it is. are you more interested in looks than performance? you could save up the money and but some basic engine upgrades.

what ever your choice, congratulations, you'll have a fun time with the 06 si.

(black, get the black one...... )
Actually you bring up my next point. What performance enhancements would you guys recommend (if any)? Cold air induction is always a first but I am just wondering if there is anything else fairly minor that I should be looking to upgrade.

As for options, I am just looking for very minor aesthetic improvements and a handful of cheap practical improvements in addition to some performance enhancements (if any).

Old 06-24-2006, 04:06 PM

i can't promise you anything with the upgrades. it depends on where you live, the availabilty of parts and the budget that you have for engine mods. i know that there are many options out there for the 06 si, not just for the engine, but for suspension, brakes and stuff like that. i just know its still kind of expensive cause its all brand new and stuff.

for looks there are dozens of body kits available now. i've seen a couple that i'm interested in. then of course there are rims and special tires and stuff. all i know is i'm still rolling on my stock 17" and all season tires.

my opinion is you save up first. you already one a battle by getting your si. you'll have time to upgrade, i'd just let the market settle first before taking the plunge into aftermarket stuff.

Old 06-24-2006, 10:09 PM
HCF Member

DEFINITELY get the mudflaps. they're worth their weight in gold.

and screw the iPod adaptor. iPodlounge.com gave the honda OEM ipod adaptor a pitiful rating.

just get a $4 Radio Shack audio cable and hook your iPod up with that, like i do.