New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Greetings...buying a civic soon

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 09:29 PM
Default Greetings...buying a civic soon

Hey all, I've been lurkin the forums for a week now as I await to buy my first Civic..a black 94 EX Coupe. I've learned so much just from reading these forums in the past week, and after I get my car on Wednesday I can't wait to actually join in on the discussion.

The car I'm getting has high miles (154k)....what can I do right off the bat to maybe clean up the engine a little bit. I might do a complete seafoam treatment but I ruined my last car like that so I'm kind of weary about it. Also...quite a bit of rust on the rear quarter panels, would it be cheaper to get them professionally repaired or just look for new ones. I figured black would be a more common color so it wouldn't be hard to find them but I havent' started looking yet. If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Thanks!

Old 05-28-2007, 04:00 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Greetings...buying a civic soon

Hey buddy I would ask if the timing belt has been replaced.Change the oil and just look over the engine bay and see what needs fixed.The quater panels I would say needs to go to the bodyshop if you are not that good at body repair.I maybe wrong but i don't think there is a replacement part.Welcome to the forum.