New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Hello, proud to join the Honda owners group!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 07:08 PM
Default Hello, proud to join the Honda owners group!!!

Hi,

I just bought a 2001 Honda civic LX sedan one month back. I am very happy with the car though there are a few small things that we can generally expect with a used car. The car had 73,000 miles on it and is pretty much neat looking. The exterior color is metallic silver and the interior is grey. The exterior looks quite new, but the interior is slightly dirty(not unpleasant though). I am not sure how to get it cleaned though. On the advice of a friend, I have bought a foam cleaner, but haven' used it yet. If any of you people have any suggestions, please pass them on. The mileage that it is currently giving is around 25, I am not sure if this is a good mileage though cos' I heard people saying that this car should give atleast 30. I even had my air filter checked recently and the mech said it is good for another 5000 miles. I bought the car from a Honda dealer, so I am not sure if I need to give it for a thorough check up once as I do not want to spend the money if it isn't worth it. Anything advice you can offer for a new used car owner would be helpful as I this is my first car and do not know much about car mechanincs & maintenance. Is there a forum here that will be a good beginner's guide for first time car owners ?
I am pretty much excited about owning my first car and that is why you such a long post. Excuse me for that
Also, I could not a honda manual from the dealer as I am the fourth owner and it was lost when it changed hands. Is there a way I can get one for free from the web or honda itself?? That would help me know more about my car...
That's it for now...

[IMG]local://upfiles/16056/618A6BE8D19D4DAAB95A804456C6D011.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-20-2006, 08:17 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Hello, proud to join the Honda owners group!!!

You wont be able to get a free manual, but you can buy one.
For the mileage, check your tire pressure, spark plug wires, and maybe your mileage will go higher.
To clean the inside of the car, i always use the spray that foams up and just scrub real good, then wipe off with a clean towel. It cleans it everytime.