New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

help a domestic guy out

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 09:13 PM
Default help a domestic guy out

ok id like to start out saying hey,i drive a cavalier,this is my first post and im not here to start an argument so please dont. personally ive never been beat by a civic(not on the street) and i keep hearing "well if i had this" or "my buddies got this" or " youll never beat one with..." well..you know the deal...
I think the biggest mistake a driver can make is to underestimate his opponent,and im trying to do research but of course alot of these numbers are really hard to understand if you dont know civics..so i was hoping that someone could help me out...what are some of the popular mods or "swaps" you guys do to your cars and what kind of numbers do they produce...now im not looking for "SUPER CARS" or ' IF I HAD A BILLION $$" type cars but something that i might come across on the street cus we all know that when it comes to the track its best you just assume the worst and drive hard right ...so how bout it...maybe you guys can give me some mods and numbers to go with them...maybe even help me identify them and help a domestic guy out

Old 07-09-2005, 09:22 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: help a domestic guy out

Sorry, we dont flame here, we respect any person as much as the other does to us. To answer your question, most likey you were not racing some of us. We are hard core tuners here... no ricers inwhich alot of people make the mistake of thinking... HCF is like the anti rice. Anyway, popular mods that people have in civics are the usual CAI, headers, exhaust. I think an Si would give you a good run for the money with all that bolted on. But FI Honda Civics would most likely teach an old dog new tricks to most cars. Does that help?

Old 07-09-2005, 09:22 PM
HCF Member

Oh, BTW welcome to the forum!

Old 07-09-2005, 09:32 PM

good to hear! it seems like alot of guys i come across think they have a race car just cus it says "civic" on the back...but hey,we find those in every car right...im aware of what power"base" civics make..as im sure you know what base cavs make..but lets face it, who among us really drives a base stock car wheres the fun in that...ive put a few sense over 3grand into my engine alone,and its still N/A and im still working of a stock ecu(kinda) i get well over 200hp to the wheels so racing a civic ex with an intake and catback isnt exactly a challenge anymore but what i DONT want to happen is to think that one cant be built up to beat me without boost or spray know what i mean? so id like to be able to recognize some of the swaps im reading about, or atleast know what kinda numbers they put down when i hear the name. how can i argue with someone when i dont even really know what kind of engine he has? lol

Old 07-09-2005, 09:37 PM

I just scanned over your post and may have missed it but you got any times?

Old 07-09-2005, 10:23 PM
HCF Member

Originally you asked what are common performance upgrades. Well a big thing in the honda world is a very lightweight civic (ie hatchback) with an LS swap or GSR swap. Especially in the south, you will find more hondas with upgrades, as such as intake, exhaust, cam, cam gears, turbos, so dont let a ragged out civic give you a bad impression. Just like any car with some money, time, and a lot of knowhow, any car is a threat in a race. Hopefully, we've enlightened you. Hope you like the site ghost

Old 07-09-2005, 10:25 PM
HCF Member

oh yea, most of the trash talking about if I had this or if I had my drag radials are done by the sore losers that usually own mustangs and camaros. but everybody that thinks they are a racer, but isnt one, has an excuse why they lost.

Old 07-09-2005, 11:32 PM
HCF Member

very true. When I would lose (bout once or twice... dont race much in the condition my civ is in but soon i will) i nod to the victor.

Old 07-10-2005, 02:50 AM

yeah, before i became an ex-civic owner (see my post in the new member area) i never really gave civics the respect they deserved, i always thought that anyone who got beat by a civic needed to be laughed at. of course, all the ricers that snapped them up after the fast and the furious came out doesn't help thier image, either. i have more respect for the car now, but getting beat by a civic is kinda like getting slapped around by your girlfriend to most people. especially guys that think a 6-cyl mustang or firebird is fast.

so, anyway, what year cavvy do you have, and what engine do you have in it?

Old 07-10-2005, 06:36 AM

[sm=welcomesign.gif] to HCF. [sm=groupwave.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=groupwave.gif]

Quick Reply: help a domestic guy out