New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Hey You!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 06:54 AM
HCF Member

I joined 2 instead of brwosing without being a member. The login requirement is a good idea in order to view details within this site. People will have to join to see what they are really looking for.

Old 09-06-2010, 01:47 PM
HCF Member

Thanks for the encouragement to join, Remmy. If I had seen this thread earlier, I would have joined sooner.

Old 09-11-2010, 10:07 AM
HCF Member
Thumbs up New Guy

Hello,
I have been looking for a forum about Civic's. I think I have found a good one. I have been working on cars for over 42 years, I know alot of things, and I'm looking to learn alot more about Civic's. I just got a 2010 Civic LX Coupe, And my daughter has a 2008 Civic LX Coupe. They are sweet cars!
Thanks 2010civiclx

Old 09-26-2010, 06:06 PM

Newbie here.

I have two Honda's and have been hanging out on the Ridgeline forum for a couple weeks now, then it occurred to me to look and see if there was a forum dedicated to the Civic specifically.

A quick google search, and here I am.

My Civic is a '99 EX Coupe that I picked up used about a month ago, with 120,000 miles... and still running strong. It's a great little car, and thats what prompted me to buy my RL.

I'm looking forward to digging around here and learning what I can from the members here. I'm glad I found this forum.

Old 10-16-2010, 11:46 AM

need help

Old 10-16-2010, 11:48 AM

hello need help

Old 10-16-2010, 12:34 PM
HCF Member

^ ????? Don't just say, "I need help" lol. Say what you need help with. And don't ask in this thread, make a new thread in the appropriate section.

Old 11-06-2010, 01:28 PM
HCF Member
Default VtechPop!

first time browsing and I joined no Trolling for this Vtech Head.

Old 12-26-2010, 05:47 PM

Hi! I am a long time Honda Lover. My first car was a gold '87 Accord, purchased at 103,000 miles. The Accord was driven during my glory days of high school, when I was seemingly invincible. It broke down on the interstate one cold winter night - luckily 1/2 mile from the nearest rest stop, and I never trusted it again.

My second car was a dark gray '92 Civic DX, purchased at 34,000 miles. This car was probably the best auto purchase I have ever made, as it was 8 years old at the time. The dealer said, "A little old lady only drove it to church on Sundays." I kept it for almost 5 years, but stupidly wanted something shiny and newer.

My third car was a red '99 Civic, purchased at 83,000 miles. It was my first car with a working A/C! I kept it for just shy of 4 years. A couple of weeks before it was to be paid off, I hit a telephone pole while driving in my own icy alley. The insurance company assured me that it would be totaled, and in the meantime I was checking out Civics online near Chicago (3 hours away, but cheaper cars with lower mileage). The insurance co. ending up fixing the '99, but I had gotten my heart set on my next car...

My current car is a blue '05 Civic, purchased at 43,000 miles. It is the nicest car I have ever owned. It has minor cosmetic flaws, but it otherwise fabulous. I have a trusty mechanic in a neighboring city who specializes in Hondas, and I will be screwed when he retires. He is awesome, and actually tells me when things do not need to be fixed. I only need to worry about oil changes and fixing the occasional CV boot or timing belt. Otherwise my Hondas have had very low maintenance costs. I will probably drive Hondas for life!

Old 01-03-2011, 07:10 AM

Hey all.

I got my first car - Honda Civic Vti 1.7L 2004 recently (3 months now). Not very good at cars. A lot to ask and learn. Just exploring VTEC today and seems pretty exciting.

Good to see you all.

Quick Reply: Hey You!