New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

honewbieda...honda...newbie

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 07:03 PM
Default honewbieda...honda...newbie

yes, new here. got a 96 2dr. silver NO PICS camera is broken. got 170k miles on it. right now working on removing the crappy purple tint on the windows. it was previously owned by a college chick who left it. (can you say abandoned title....thats right...free ride. soo this newbie is trying to learn something bout this car. any help along the way would be great. thanks in advance.

p.s. as a funny turn of events. I am now the proud owner of some key pinstriping on the back passenger quarter panel! it says *****! ha! I guess someone didnt like the college chick!

Old 09-19-2008, 09:30 PM
HCF Member

haha. nice work on the free ride. i picked up a civic today that has some key pinstriping. haha.

anything up front you want to kno about the wonderful world of honda??

what plans do you have for the car? you gunna keep it as a dd? or are you gunna build it up? feel free to ask anything around here. we're all here to help. just be sure you search before making posts with questions that have probably been asked a ton. people get mad about stuff like that.

keep us updated on your progress bro. = )

Old 09-20-2008, 04:27 PM

well, right now i just replaced my head light bulbs to a nice crisp bluish white. they are a major upgrade from the regular bulbs. they are not quite xenon but they are a HID type german bulb. And i am STILL scraping the fracking old tint off the windows. This sucks! i am about in heat stroke....Any ideas on how to get this crap off faster?

First things first....I had to put some tunes in the car. I originally took my coaxs and subs out of my subaru when i got the honda. But with in 6 mos....my 6x9s (alpine) finally gave up the ghost. after all, they were 8 years old. I replaced the stock 6.5 in the door with some Blaupunkt I had laying around. Then I got some Directed 6x9s to try out in the rear deck. As for the subs...I am pushing a lowly 200 watts bridged to 2 RF 10s. Sounds descent. But will be upgraded when the rest of the car gets off the ground.

Next comes cold air I believe....I am leaning on some modest AEM to throw into it. seems pretty straight forward. the girl who owned this had a stupid Pepboys cheap aircleaner on there. Looks totally ghetto (chrome and everything). I also will be fixing the exhaust as i noticed my cat is busted. The car sounds like borla but runs like yugo!!!! What do you guys think? Good Idea so far. Btw, i plan on leaving ***** where it is for the time being...wife hates it! I think it gives my ghetto ride so character.

Old 09-22-2008, 03:44 PM

got the cold air on! easy. just need to tighten things up a bit. But this also brings in a new question. What about the manifold? I looks like this cold air intake was made to handle an even larger diameter than the oem one. what do you guys think? Also, do any of you guys take the catalytic converters off your rides? Here in so. Az, i dont have any restrictions on registration sooooo....i was thinking that since mine is messed up I can just remove it and run straight exhaust. Is that possible without messing up the computer and stuff?