New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

I need Lowering Spring Experts !!!

Old 04-06-2006, 10:16 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: I need Lowering Spring Experts !!!

I don't know why you couldn't do suspension yourself. Strut type suspension is really easy. I've done it like 2 or 3 times before and never really had a problem. All you have to disconnect is the sway bar link and two strut bolts on the steering knuckle and the 2 bolts on the strut tower. The strut on your civic is a little different, there are two bolts that hook up to the steering knuckle instead of one that hooks up to the control arm. But i've done this type of suspension before and as i said, i didn't have a problem. I've even taken the springs off and reinstalled them (for practice) and even this wasn't that big of a problem. The hardest part would prolly be aligning the spring up to the old strut. You could always take the strut to a shop to have the spring installed, since you prolly don't have a spring compressor anyway. But taking the old strut out and installing it again shouldn't be a problem, air tools help.

Old 04-06-2006, 10:20 PM

I know i Work on car 52 hours a week! But if you lower some it fuc&s up the camber and you also have to remove the upper ball joints and replace with and ajustable ones to reset the camber and there the cheapest things in the world. If you Half asz it, or the shop you take to it will eat the insides of your tires. P.S. I set up Two front ends at work Today! Thank and never cut or heat spring in fuc& dumb St!t!

Old 04-06-2006, 10:48 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: baker

i have an 03 and i dropped mine on aerospeed coilovers. the ride is rough, but not unbearable. i put a camber kit on. i highly doubt you'll be able to do the job yourself, take it to a shop.
"Whether you think you can do it or you think you can't, your right"
-Henry Ford

Old 04-06-2006, 11:00 PM

Good quote dark.
Baker just dont half @SS it.

Old 04-06-2006, 11:05 PM
HCF Member

My english teacher has the quote posted on his podium so i look at it every day, thats one of my favorites quotes ever.

Old 04-06-2006, 11:07 PM

What are you going to school for what field?

Old 04-06-2006, 11:10 PM
HCF Member

Im a Senior in high school but next year im gonna be at the Univeristy of Illinois at Chicago school of engineering. My major is going to be electrical engineering or maybe computer engineering. But i'm not like just a computer nerd. I'm a pretty big time gear head and i like philosophy type stuff.