New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Looks like the right place...

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 09:37 PM
HCF Member
Default Looks like the right place...

Hello! as i think its quite apparent, im new to the forums, im new to well.. mostly everything, Im in Grade Twelve, and Taking Two Grade 12 Automotives classes, and in both im working on my Fifth Gen Civic (1992 EX Sedan) and im going to be around alot, mainly because i am doing ALOT... my car is the one in my display pic, its a little different now, it has a black hood and fender because someone thought it would be a good idea not to use their parking brake and run it over But im doing ALL of the body work, getting rid of ALL the rust, almost done that.. and im going to be re-painting it White (stock) then adding some form of Sapphire blue to make it Two tone... also going to be working on the interior, and im looking into getting myself a nice JDM B16A for it : D well that about sums everything up... off to post about said B16A..

Old 05-14-2009, 10:08 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Largen
Hello! as i think its quite apparent, im new to the forums, im new to well.. mostly everything, Im in Grade Twelve, and Taking Two Grade 12 Automotives classes, and in both im working on my Fifth Gen Civic (1992 EX Sedan) and im going to be around alot, mainly because i am doing ALOT... my car is the one in my display pic, its a little different now, it has a black hood and fender because someone thought it would be a good idea not to use their parking brake and run it over But im doing ALL of the body work, getting rid of ALL the rust, almost done that.. and im going to be re-painting it White (stock) then adding some form of Sapphire blue to make it Two tone... also going to be working on the interior, and im looking into getting myself a nice JDM B16A for it : D well that about sums everything up... off to post about said B16A..

hmm 2 tone? eh ugly lol all white would look good i would suggest all white including handles, trim, and mirrors .

WELCUM TO THE FORUM

Old 05-14-2009, 10:41 PM
HCF Member

Heh heh heh, ya i was considering that, the only thing is... it seems to many people have done this, im going for somewhat of a unique car... i was thinking maybe for the hell of it all white with some racing stripes LOL! i dont know, if ya have ideas im totally open.

Old 05-14-2009, 10:43 PM
HCF Member

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA two tone two tone please do two tone over racing stripes lol racing stripes are for muscle cars ONLY

Old 05-14-2009, 10:49 PM
HCF Member

HA HA, not necessarily, the origins of the racing STRIPE, are actually Racing, on the passenger side, you would paint it in such a way so you would be able to see exactly where your front wheel would be in a corner, so it could work. But ya.. im still really thinking on going all white, it just seems so common thats all...

Old 05-15-2009, 12:18 AM

I saw a white 92-95 4-door civic with racing stripes in person and it looked HORRIBLE. You will regret it.

All white will look great. You don't want to get your car's originality from paint color, because every good looking paint color has been done before. Define your originality through the different combinations of wheels, ride height, etc. You could get a different shade of white than what is most commonly seen though, and having that different shade will easily set your car aside from the others in the simplest way.

It's a lot easier to find wheels that no one in your area or few in your area have without buying ugly rims than it is to try to get a different paint color/design without making it ugly.

Please just don't define your originality through altezza taillights, excessive stickers, chrome, and the typical too-busy body kits. Keep it simple, keep it clean.

Also, if you make yourself look too "different", you will be stereotyped by the cops and pulled over a lot.

about what i was saying about paint... see how similar a color can be but how differently you perceive it? Both black with mint-condition paint, yet one stands out from the other (paint wise, ignore the type of car).

Last edited by trustdestruction; 05-15-2009 at 12:28 AM.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:15 AM
August 2010 ROTM

Yeah, PLEASE no racing stripes! Keep it clean, maybe choose a cream white color; I think that would look really good. But welcome to the site!

Old 05-15-2009, 09:34 AM
HCF Member

Ya I am kinda going for a really clean look to it, as of right now i have some nice Factory 14" Honda Mags that look actually really nice on my car... thanks for the tips...