New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New with 95 Civic

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 08:44 AM
HCF Member

ya man big tachs were cool for about the 2 hours that they were in the fast and the furious. to be honest i thought they were cool at the time but they are just not very clean looking and just really died out. either get the cluster with a tach or just a led like they were talking about.

and as far as the pillar gauges, if you like it then go for it. just do us all a favor and make sure that they all match and are fully functional. from what i have read it sounds like you have a pretty good plan.

and just leave the car the way it looks. it looks great as it is. (I personally hate spoilers on civics)

Old 07-13-2009, 09:03 AM
Super Cereal Admin

I hate non-functional spoilers in general. Hell, I hate functional spoilers on cars with no other aerodynamic modification.

As far as seats, check out Tenzo R's Sport and Evolution seats. They're modeled after the Civic Type-R seat, and I can say from experience that Tenzo's seats are pretty comfortable (I have their Rally seats in my mustang... when I drive between PA and KY, after 6 hours in the car I'm still perfectly comfortable). You can pick up a pair of Evolution or Sport seats for around $450, and brackets/sliders would be another $200 for the pair.

I'd strongly advise you to go with a reputable brand for seats (Corbeau, Bride, Sparco, Recaro, etc) for safety. I've heard too many stories of bad back injuries even at low speed crashes with cheap seats. The higher-end companies actually test the safety of their seats. I'm honestly not sure if Tenzo R does it or not; next summer I'm swapping to some fixed-back Corbeau seats, a 6-point roll bar, and 5-point harnesses lol

Welcome to the forum btw

Old 07-13-2009, 11:57 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by 96 Civic DX
How about me?
Originally Posted by Tripsy17
what do you mean how about you?
He wants a sig.

Old 07-13-2009, 01:09 PM
HCF Member

oohhh. lol. well if anyone wants a sig, send me some pictures, or a picture.
tripsy17@live.com

Old 07-13-2009, 01:10 PM
HCF Member

do you know if spoon seats are good? or are they just a cheap brand?
and yes, all of the gauges will match and will be fully functional.

Old 07-13-2009, 06:48 PM
Super Cereal Admin

If they're true Spoon, yes they should be very very good. If they're knockoffs (which they probably are if you used the word "cheap" describing them lol) then I'd find something else to buy.

Also, I forgot to include Status in my list of good seats to buy. If you can afford them (same as Bride, Sparco, etc... they're expensive lol), they're great seats.

Old 07-13-2009, 07:06 PM
HCF Member

yeah. lol. i think they are knock offs cause there like $300 for both and i think the mounting brackets are included.

Old 07-13-2009, 07:21 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Yeah, I would not trust those seats. I got my tenzos for $300 for the pair without brackets, and the only way I got that deal was the fact that they were wasting space in my friend's shed and he needed money. The seats I have retail at something like $260/ea so I got a pretty good deal on them (and then spent $180 on brackets lol).

Like I said, stick with good brands like I listed, and if the deal sounds too good to be true, it probably is; expect to pay $300+ for a single seat. Seats are one of those safety things that nobody really thinks about. But what happens when you get into an accident with $200 ebay seats? Like I said, I'm not even 100% confident in my Tenzo seats, but I figured for the price they'd do until I can get Corbeaus lol