New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New Civic newbie...with questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 01:37 PM
Default New Civic newbie...with questions

Just got my 2010 4 door civic.

Can anyone tell me how to disable the seat belt alarm?

Where's the best place to buy a painted rear spoiler?

Thanks for the help.

Darth

Old 03-06-2010, 01:58 PM
Stinky Administrator

welcome to the forum, the 06 up civics aren't meant to have the seat belt chime disabled. best place to get a spoiler is college hills honda.

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/hon...erformance.htm

Old 03-07-2010, 06:20 AM

Thanks,

I don't think any cars chimes are meant to be disabled but it still needs to be done on my car. Can't stand it.

Old 03-07-2010, 06:37 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

First, welcome to the forum.

The seat belt chime is there for your safety and, I believe it is illegal to tamper with any part of the SRS. My wife's newer Subaru has the same thing, and it can be annoying when it goes off, with no one in the car, while it is parked.. But, If you were to get in a wreck, you could be denied insurance coverage, etc.. Also, when the time comes for you to move on from your Civic, you could be prosecuted for selling a car with the SRS tampering.

There really is only one way to disable it, wear your seatbelt.

Old 03-08-2010, 05:16 AM

Thanks dad. Look I am very old and just about dead. If by a very long shot I die behind the wheel a savings in health care cost will be realized by a lot of folks. Also I grew up in an era where freedom really meant something,when society was not drone like as it is becoming today.

So please don't preach to me about your position on seat belts. I just don't fly with that flock sir.

Thanks for the welcome note. That part was appreciated.

Originally Posted by Forty04
First, welcome to the forum.

The seat belt chime is there for your safety and, I believe it is illegal to tamper with any part of the SRS. My wife's newer Subaru has the same thing, and it can be annoying when it goes off, with no one in the car, while it is parked.. But, If you were to get in a wreck, you could be denied insurance coverage, etc.. Also, when the time comes for you to move on from your Civic, you could be prosecuted for selling a car with the SRS tampering.

There really is only one way to disable it, wear your seatbelt.

Last edited by Darthvader; 03-08-2010 at 05:19 AM.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:54 AM
Administrator

welcome friend.

go under seat
cut all wires
diaf
???????
profit?

Old 03-08-2010, 06:57 AM
HCF Member

i think they make it to where you cant disable it! i know for a fact that its that way on ford vehicles!

Old 03-08-2010, 06:57 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Cool with me, do your thing!

Let your kids get prosecuted for selling a car with faulty SRS wiring!

Being "drone" and having a respect for law, and a great appreciation for life (hence the whole safety thing..) are two VERY different things, btw

Old 03-08-2010, 05:32 PM

On my car if you unplug the harness underneath the seat that is connected into the seat belt buckle, the light on the dash will be disabled. I only know this because it was like this when I bought it. It might do the same thing for the seatbelt buzzer, I am not sure.

It's not really a good idea though, like others have said.

Old 03-08-2010, 06:58 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Darthvader
Thanks dad. Look I am very old and just about dead. If by a very long shot I die behind the wheel a savings in health care cost will be realized by a lot of folks. Also I grew up in an era where freedom really meant something,when society was not drone like as it is becoming today.

So please don't preach to me about your position on seat belts. I just don't fly with that flock sir.

Thanks for the welcome note. That part was appreciated.
Not going to get any answers talking like that.

Quick Reply: New Civic newbie...with questions