New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Newbie w/Cabin Air and Air cleaner questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 01:37 AM
Default Newbie w/Cabin Air and Air cleaner questions

Hi All! I'm so glad that there is a forum devoted to Civics! I'm in my 30s and I purchased my first ever Honda last year (a 2007 Civic EX coupe - Atomic Blue). I had 3 various Mustangs before, but decided I needed better gas economy. I want to be able to do some of the basic maintenance on it like changing the cabin air filter whenitis neededand I am also planning to purchasea K&N air filter for the engine compartment. My questions may seem kind if silly, but they are a bit perplexing to me.
Regarding the cabin air filter on my 2007 Civic Coupe I figured out how to get the glove box to drop down, which was simple, but is there a trick to get the tray with the cabin filter out? The tray doesn't seem to just pull out so I am wondering what I am doing wrong? I know there is only one square shaped filter and the tray is the horizontal type centered behind the glove box. I know the cabin air filter does not have to be changed yet, but I am just asking how to do it so I will know when it is required. Also,regarding theAir Cleaner cover in the engine compartment,ithas some obvious clips that get unclipped to get the cover off, but undoing the clips does not seem to allow the air cleaner cover to lift easily off so what else needs to be done to lift the cover off in order to replace the air cleaner? Thank you!

[IMG]local://upfiles/19478/C27FD8CF87FD4C33A15AC9B7AAE1D755.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-18-2007, 01:46 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Newbie w/Cabin Air and Air cleaner questions

Congrats on your purchase and welcome! Good choice in car and color, I really like the new bodystyle. Sorry I couldn't answer your questions tho but I'm sure someone will shortly...

Old 03-18-2007, 01:53 AM
Default RE: Newbie w/Cabin Air and Air cleaner questions

Thanks for the Welcome, Mark!