New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Not used to being so low, I like it! (intro)

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 05:37 PM
Default Not used to being so low, I like it! (intro)

The name's Finley, Chuck Finley.. I've recently acquired a 1999 Honda Civic EX coupe, it's an auto completely loaded (except for leather) and runs like a top (naturally). No problems as of yet, aside from it being stock.

I originally bought this car so I could retire my truck back to trail pig status (10 mpg's sucks on a 60 mile commute daily). Buuuut I cant have anything stock sitting in my driveway, so i'll be lurking/posting here helping out where i can.

As for me, I'm a mid twenties forklift mechanic with several years background in auto tech, sound system installation and a bachelors degree in aeronautic sciences.

Earlier, I mentioned my truck.. It's been a project of mine for the past few years and has evolved into quite the rig. Its a 2001 Ford ranger, with way too many mod's to list so i'll just let the pictures do the explaining. No pictures of the honda yet *gasp, forum sin* i havent had a chance to really clean it up yet.

Old 12-23-2011, 04:28 AM
HCF Member

Welcome! I like the Ranger. I'm assuming it's 4WD?

I had a '96 Extended Cab 2WD 3.0 V6 (5-speed) for a while that was a nice driver, but was terrible on gas (still better than your 10mpg, though). Was particularly hairy in rain and snow, too, but I made the most of the snap-oversteer.

Old 12-23-2011, 05:38 AM

Welcome to the forum. Nice Ranger.

Post up some questions in the general civic talk forum. We'll point you in the direction of a few mods that will make your stock civic stand out a little.

Old 12-23-2011, 09:35 AM

Welcome to the forum!

Old 12-23-2011, 09:43 AM

Thanks for all of the responses!

Christian, the ranger is 4wd. It also has the 4.0 song with a 5 speed manual. I added a hurst short throw shifter for fun, then it started getting expensive.lol now with a mild 6 inches of lift and 33" mud tires plus all the other goodies, it's just too much hassle to be daily driven.

Hobo, I'll definitely be asking questions on subtle mods for the civic. I don't want to go down the path I went with the truck though, fighting the urge to do so is a struggle. Currently, I'm waiting on the delivery of oem honda foglights and 5k Ddm Hids for the heads and fogs.