New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Should I Buy

Old 10-15-2007, 01:35 PM
Default Should I Buy

Well i'm the new guy here right now, I don't own a Honda yet but I am looking to buy a 2008 real soon so I have a couple of questions for you faithful and long time Honda owners.
I have testdriven a 08 2 door Civic EX and I have test driven a 08 Accord EX-L 4 cyclinder , the Civic was nice except the road noise , it had like a howl coming fron the back of the car. My daughter had a 2000 Civic EX she bought new and it had more road noise than the 08.
Is there any cure for the road noise ? Also I am 6 ft. 1 in. and my wife is 5 ft. 10 in. the kids are grown so the back seat don't matter. We are looking to take the new car on a cross country road trip next spring and want to be comfortable.
Would I be happy with a Civic or would I be happier with an Accord ?
The Accord was quite and comortable.
Is there anything else I should be aware of before buy ?
Thank You all, Gene
PS What are realistic gas milage figures ?

Old 10-15-2007, 02:06 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Should I Buy

i dont know a whole lot about the newer civics but my brother drives a new accord and he loves it, he traded in an '06 toyota tacoma for it that he loved dearly, that truck was his baby but he was driving 60-80 miles a day for work and it just wasn't practical for him. He got the accord with the manual transmission and he gets around 31-33 mpg average and is very happy with it. He said that when he drove his truck when he got home from work he would be exhausted from driving it but with the accord it is more comfortable and is an easy, fun car to drive, it is also very quiet.

that is my experience with the accord, there are a lot of people here with the newer civics who can probably tell you about their cars. welcome to the forum no matter which way you go though

forgot to add my bro drives quite frequently from gainesville florida to north carolina and he says the car is comfortable for those trips as well

Old 10-15-2007, 03:13 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Should I Buy

if i keep it cool and shift like normal person 1.5k-2k rpm i can go 350 miles on a 9 galon tank o.o