New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Tuner scene fading out?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 02:41 AM
Default RE: Tuner scene fading out?

will NEVER be gone

as long as u still got people loving cars, we will find a way...... ill make my own gas if i have to haha

Old 08-16-2005, 04:11 AM

Amen brotha! Preach on! ...LOL

Old 08-16-2005, 04:20 AM

Amen!!!
Was just asking because im pretty much basing my future on Tuning working at an auto shop right now who is a family friend of mine and wants to add more shops so we are planning to open another performace auto shop in another city and he wants me to run it for him.

Old 08-16-2005, 04:21 PM

ORIGINAL: BallardCivic

Theyre okay, but theyre a dime a dozen around here. Not as exciting after youve seen a hundred
You can also laugh at them when there electrical goes out like it does in most VW's. I did a lot of research on the VW's cause when i was car shopping before i bought my civic i was looking at getting a GTI and im glad i didnt.

Old 08-16-2005, 04:47 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: goldfinger

Theyre okay, but theyre a dime a dozen around here. Not as exciting after youve seen a hundred
You can also laugh at them when there electrical goes out like it does in most VW's. I did a lot of research on the VW's cause when i was car shopping before i bought my civic i was looking at getting a GTI and im glad i didnt.
My step sister was looking into a early 2000 model vw and talked to all of her friends that have one. They all said they do more towing than driving

Now that lucky biotch is driving an 05 volvo s40 (the little 2.4 liter though)

Old 08-16-2005, 05:07 PM

never ever imo. i agree with all. i mean who wants to believe something they love so much will fade away, i doubt too many people on here will disagree on this subject. i mean this stuff dates back to the early 1900's when kids were stripping the extra weight off their cars and taking them to the salt flats to race. definitely well rooted into our culture

Old 08-16-2005, 07:36 PM

yeah i've just been freaking out because im finally old enough to drive/have a job and buy mods and now it seems like something i've been dreaming to do since i was 10 been reading about since i was 12 been learning about since i was like 14 is fading out cus by the time I'm 25 the old B18s and RB26DETTs will be long gone...

Old 08-16-2005, 07:53 PM

i agree with everyone else, this is just the beginning, this is much more than a scene for many people this is a way of life, people work their full-time jobs in hopes with every paycheck to bring them closer to that next mod, when people sit down to relax they pick up their latest issue of IMPORT TUNER or HONDA TUNING, and when they go to bed they dream sweet dreams of blowoff valves and mustangs in their rear view mirrors, my question to you is can a way of life fade out...i think not. can i get an 'AMEN'?
That is deep. Man. I definately think it isn't fading out. I think it is slowing down, but the true tuners will keep it going. It depends if the crazy ricers that only have 50 dollar mufflers and chrome taillights count as tuners too. There are plenty of them around, but not as many people that go all the way and mod to the extreme like a lot of us. Hopefully we can keep it going.

Old 08-17-2005, 08:43 AM
HCF Member

I don't believe the tuner scene will be fading out but I think it will be modified. I'm a noob here and ever since I got the car many people we're telling that I can add many mods to it. So I started researching and it was true. I placed my first mod, short ram intake and ever since I can't stop trying to find ways to modified my car.

Like I said, it will not fade out but it will modify in the sense that as long as there are good reliable modifiable imports, hondas especially, the feeling to change and speed up your ride will exist. And whatever mod you did to your car, you will always want more.

Old 08-17-2005, 11:01 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: remington870_20ga

ORIGINAL: goldfinger

My step sister was looking into a early 2000 model vw and talked to all of her friends that have one. They all said they do more towing than driving

Now that lucky biotch is driving an 05 volvo s40 (the little 2.4 liter though)
its funny...that sounds like a fairly big engine on a civic forum just cuz the biggest one we have ids 2.3 and the average is 1.6 or 1.8 :P.