Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Does anybody have a jackson racing supercharger?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 10:02 PM
Default Does anybody have a jackson racing supercharger?

I have a 99 ex auto and i am getting a jackson racing supercharger Does any body have one? How do you like it?

Old 02-13-2005, 03:54 PM
Default RE: Does anybody have a jackson racing supercharger?

I would advise against a supercharger. On a Civic, turbocharging is your best bet and heres why. Since the supercharger is belt driven, as in it makes power off the engine itself, you need a powerful engine to harness the power of a supercharger. A puny engine such an in our Civics doesnt make adequate power to drive a supercharger to its full potential. In theory, the power made with a supercharger is exponential to the power made by the engine. Therefore the more powerful engine to begin with will get the best benefit from a supercharger. Turbochargers are spun by exhaust gases. Turbos spool faster on smaller engines for the simple fact that they rev much faster than bigger engines. The turbo may not spool fast enough until 3500 rpm, however a smaller engine with less reciprocating weight will in fact get to that 3500 rpm much faster than a heavier V8 with more reciprocating weight. Therefore smaller engines benefit more from turbos whereas bigger engines benefit more from superchargers [/endramblingtechnicalanswer]

Old 02-13-2005, 04:02 PM
HCF Member

sorry, but thats the worst answer Ive ever seen.

Old 02-13-2005, 04:04 PM

ORIGINAL: polo708

sorry, but thats the worst answer Ive ever seen.
And how is that? Its the truth. From a technical standpoint, supercharging a Civic is a stupid idea.

Old 02-13-2005, 04:11 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: se7ensectoolate

And how is that? Its the truth. From a technical standpoint, supercharging a Civic is a stupid idea.
thats the 2nd worst answer, its almost not worth an explanation.

Old 02-13-2005, 04:12 PM

Prove me wrong. Show me how supercharging a Civic makes more power, is more efficient or is in any way superior to a turbo.

Old 02-13-2005, 04:17 PM
HCF Member

you're totally right, and I dont even know what a supercharger is either. Its obviously inferior to a turbo thingy. besides... turbo just sounds cooler doesnt it.

WOO HOO! I love posting about stuff I dont understand, lets all do it!

Old 02-13-2005, 04:20 PM

You're dead wrong. It takes power to drive a SC, just as it does to drive a Turbo. Backpressure in the exhaust of a Turbo setup costs you too, but with a SC setup you lose xhp driving it, but gain XX hp from it.

And you get that power RIGHT NOW off the line, no spooling lag, no high-end wait. Want instant off the line *****-out torqe? Ditch the turbo. Want high-end accelleration? Go with the Turbo, but I'll pass.

Old 02-13-2005, 04:20 PM

Im sure you know everything there is to know about everything. Way to make yourself look retarded. Instead of being a 6 year old why dont you explain why a supercharger is better and prove me wrong?

Old 02-13-2005, 04:25 PM
HCF Member

I dont even want to waste my time with this thread because you obviously have no idea how forced induction works. learn the basics and come back and see me. Oh yeah, that IC (that means intercooler) you will have to run... robs power also, so there goes your lame unorigional "takes power to make power argument". They can both provide equal power if tuned right, it just depends on where you want it. But you knew that already didnt you.

Quick Reply: Does anybody have a jackson racing supercharger?