Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Does anybody have a jackson racing supercharger?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 04:25 PM
Default RE: Does anybody have a jackson racing supercharger?

Ok, I'll try not to be retarded.

Ask yourself one question. Do you want low-end torque, or high-end hp?

Low end, off the line, go SC because it's BELT driven. Right off the line.

Turbo's need enough exhaust flow to spool and start compressing. Also, they tend to run hotter as they're driven by exhaust gasses.

Instead of being a retard, do you homework. I'm a pretty nice guy if you don't push my buttons.

Old 02-13-2005, 04:30 PM

Now that I've cooled off for a minute, if you ask a question, be prepared to swallow the answer, just in case the person answering MIGHT just know more than you. I know quite a bit about forced induction. Including Roots, Turbo's, and CSC's. I've seen a couple others here that seem to know their ****, too.

Try this if you don't want to 'rob power': http://www.turbonator.com/index.html?id=adWords2 But then again, your alternator will rob more hp from driving that obstruction.

Old 02-13-2005, 04:36 PM
HCF Member

good answer red, the turbonator sounds like exactly what he needs... you have more patience than I do. I wasnt going to answer him at all.

[sarcasm]I just installed a Procharger on an 03' Stang LAST NIGHT, but my knowledge is obviously very limited in the FI area, why would anyone want a stupid supercharger thing anyways?[/sarcasm]

Old 02-13-2005, 04:37 PM

Coincidentally, at this very moment, I have pieces of an Eaton M62 roots blower on the table in front of me for rebuild. But what do I know?

Se, if you want to know, ask. I'm not an ***

Old 02-13-2005, 04:38 PM

ORIGINAL: red91civicDX

Now that I've cooled off for a minute, if you ask a question, be prepared to swallow the answer, just in case the person answering MIGHT just know more than you. I know quite a bit about forced induction. Including Roots, Turbo's, and CSC's. I've seen a couple others here that seem to know their ****, too.

Try this if you don't want to 'rob power': http://www.turbonator.com/index.html?id=adWords2 But then again, your alternator will rob more hp from driving that obstruction.
I didnt ask the question, the kid with the auto Civic asked it. I wasnt calling you retarded. And all that im saying is that the more power you put into a supercharger, the more power youre going to get out of it. Im simply saying that if i was the kid asking the question, i would turbocharge his particular car rather than supercharging it. He can do whatever he wants to, i dont care. It takes power to make power. Im done.

Old 02-13-2005, 04:41 PM
HCF Member

you told the kid that superchargers are stupid and Turbos are the best thing since sliced bread. But you obviously know what you're talking about (<--sarcasm) so yeah, keep spreading bad info.

Old 02-13-2005, 06:57 PM

Seeing as polo has had both a supercharger and a turbo on a 4 banger, I'd say he's the man you're gona want to listen to.

Old 02-13-2005, 07:06 PM
HCF Member

yup.... besides some one (i think polo) said awhile back that civics dont produce enough exhaust power to addequitly run a turbo... right? one more thin i forgot to ask when i posted my s/c topic. It completly cool to slap a s/c in a auto civ right? also why would i need a tac anyway? I have a rev limitor. also if i have to have a tac are they a pain in the *** to install?

Old 02-13-2005, 08:29 PM
HCF Member

get a tach. wait. its a manual right? if so, get a tach. but personally, i like turbos better than SC on hondas because:
1. theres more aftermarket support. yeah, theres a ton for SCs too, but nothing compared to turbos.
2. turbos are easier to manipulate to your needs.
3. turbos CAN raise your efficiency enough to increase your fuel efficiency more than an SC, because they are driven by wasted energy, instead of crank energy.
4. FWD cars tend to have traction problems, esp light ones like hondas. that low-end torque often ends up as tire smoke.

Old 02-13-2005, 09:11 PM

ORIGINAL: remington870_20ga

yup.... besides some one (i think polo) said awhile back that civics dont produce enough exhaust power to addequitly run a turbo... right? one more thin i forgot to ask when i posted my s/c topic. It completly cool to slap a s/c in a auto civ right? also why would i need a tac anyway? I have a rev limitor. also if i have to have a tac are they a pain in the *** to install?
No way, Civic's work extremely well with turbos. Just to settle this, both superchargers and turbos can produce tons of power on a civic. It's just a matter of deciding which one you want.

Quick Reply: Does anybody have a jackson racing supercharger?