Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Edelbrock turbo in T-minus 6 months!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 05:46 AM
Snail'n Admin
Default RE: Edelbrock turbo in T-minus 6 months!!!

Not to be a dick, but stlhondas is right. If you can't change oil, do not boost your car. Please tell me you can at least change your spark plug wires or at the very least, fill up your tank.

Old 01-11-2008, 06:37 AM

edelbrock turbo is great for 96-2000 civics but in my prospective i think thats a pricey install

Old 01-11-2008, 05:13 PM
HCF Member

man o man, first off to everyone that still thinks i should install myself, re read my last post, I HAVE NO WHERE DO KEEP MY CAR WHILE DOING THE INSTALL/NO GARAGE TO WORK IN. the only way it could possibly be installed by myself is if I installed it in 1 day, which would be impossible.
2nd, he said 1000-1200 is what they quote people and he said my kit wouldnt be a problem to install so he made it seem like it was more like 1000 than 1200, read my posts carefully

Old 01-11-2008, 05:49 PM
HCF Member

by the way, does this kit require the removal of A/C? I know with some kits you can no longer have A/C

Old 01-11-2008, 08:57 PM

No, you don't need to remove the A/C. Oh, and get an oil restrictor for the turbo...

I forewarn you now, a turboing a Honda is like buying a Kia, you're going to have niggling problems and every so often you're going to have bigger problems. The car will never drive the same again, you're going to have to deal with that.

Also, you better get a clutch installed while you're at it.

Old 01-11-2008, 09:37 PM
HCF Member

like what types of problems?

Old 01-11-2008, 09:53 PM
HCF Member

by the way sovxietday those head lights look amazing with your hood... considering doing something similar, black head lights with carbon fiber hood........
anyways yea what types of problems and why get a clutch?

Old 01-11-2008, 09:57 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: 00IntegraLS

anyways yea what types of problems and why get a clutch?
Because stock clutch won't last that long with new powa. Mine only lasted a day[&:].

Old 01-12-2008, 08:46 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: 00IntegraLS

like what types of problems?
Heat issues, over time some of the turbo kit stuff may need to be tinkered with. Your computer will NOT compensate enough for the turbo so the engine needs to be dyno tuned by a professional to adjust the air fuel ratio properly. The engine management that comes with the kit is not good enough....regardless of what it says.

You will want to have ARP headstuds installed to prevent any head-lift....and you want to get some new NGK spark plugs, 2 ranges colder than stock. What kind of warrenty is this shop giving you on the labor>?

Old 01-12-2008, 11:59 AM
HCF Member

thank you very much for the info pete. I'm not sure what kind of warranty yet but if there is no warranty I will NOT be getting it thats for sure.

So I should get ARP headstuds, NGK spark plugs 2 ranges colder than stock, new clutch (what kind of clutch? I'm not too familiar with clutches, stage II or what? also what are good brands, I dont want to do this thing cheapy style), then after everything get it tuned? Should I be set then?

Quick Reply: Edelbrock turbo in T-minus 6 months!!!