Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

im going for it

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 12:43 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: im going for it

yeah, 7k is a great start, but the longetivity of a 500 HP civic is questionable at best. so the Gumball is a bit out of the question. a good performance tranny will run between 2-3k, and youll need custom gear ratios because a civic will tach out at not much over 130-135mph. so that will add a couple hundred onto the price of the tranny. and if you build the motor for anything over 300hp, its going to need to be sleeved. thats another 1k minimum. another 600 each for rods and pistons, and another 500-1000 for hardware (all ARP, stock bolts wont handle this abuse) a good clutch and flywheel, 500, SS valves, another 2-400, springs and retainers, 2-300. and a bunch of other crap i didnt even mention, let alone the assembly fees. then you need a turbo kit still. and im sorry, but pushing over 300 on a D-series is gonna be hard as hell. (this is D-series, isnt it?) not to be an ***, but your getting ahead of yourself. because even if you managed to get all of this done, and youre pushing 500 horses, how much have you don to the chassis? lowering springs and Tokico shocks aint gonna cut it. just slow down, price everything out, and take it one step at a time. it might not get done before the next gumball, but if you go into that unprepared, you might not survive it. blowing an engine out at 150mph+ is not peaceful.

Old 09-03-2005, 04:33 PM

you are very much correct in what you said, lucky for me one of my family members
is a qualified mechanic and he will help me for free, and i have another 3G hidden away
in one of my other bank accounts. im not quite certain but i think its a B series, but im not sure

and you know im talking 7k as in english pounds which is about $12,000 dollars

Old 09-03-2005, 05:47 PM

ORIGINAL: Manic
and you know im talking 7k as in english pounds which is about $12,000 dollars
$12k is a good start for a 500HP civic........and I'd start savin some more cash for when problems occur. After all, 500HP will be pushin the reliability factor to the max.

Old 09-03-2005, 07:09 PM
HCF Member

ok, pounds makes it a little more feasible, but still, dont get ahead of yourself, take it one step at a time. take the motor out and get some forged internals and have a really good engine builder put some good sleeves in to handle the high boost youre going to run. then find a high performance tranny builder. gearspeed in califoria has some great units for B series, but they are almost 3 grand (USD) and shipping will be a grip. then get the head built, the ARP headstuds, ARP rod bolts, ARP main cap bolts, and get the engine and tranny together with a really good clutch. then see where you are with money, because even though pounds are more than dollars, your parts are more expensive over there too, so it will add up quickly.