Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Need turbo opinion quickly!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 09:18 AM
Default Need turbo opinion quickly!!!

im looking into turboing my 01 civic lx and i was wondering if this is a good deal on ebay and what i need after getting this kit, it isnt the crappy ebay kits it is a used ebay kit so if anyone could tell me what i should spend and what i need after this kit

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-05...spagenameZWDVW

i know i need to either rebuild or buy another turbo but what else do i need

Old 04-17-2008, 10:53 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Need turbo opinion quickly!!!

that thing looks like its worth every bit of 500 bucks. that 'kit' looks pretty sketchy to me. the manifold and downpipe dont look to great at all. it looks to me like it might be a remote mount turbo, but i'm not really sure, thats some crazy looking stuff. i dont see anything to do with fuel, or an oil supply. emangle has had lots of problems, and the aem f/ic and pcs xfc has had much better reviews in the way of piggybacks. the gauge cluster doesnt even look like it fits a 7th gen, could be wrong but to me the 7th gen one looks rounder. my 2 pennies says wait and save up for a dezod kit, even used they would be better than that one.

Old 04-17-2008, 10:58 AM
HCF Member

www.dezod.com has got a good kit for 7th gens. Steer clear of that eBay crap man.

Old 04-17-2008, 11:02 AM
HCF Member

Hmm, the turbo is no longer useable......And it's a used kit......
So = This dude drove it pretty hard.
Why don't you just say up you money and get a new kit. Yes indeed, it is quite a bit more expensive, but you have warranties and what not by the company to help you if something is not functioning correctly, or if you receive a part that doesn't fit your particular car.
Just play it safe.
Especially when it comes to something as major as a turbo project.

Old 04-17-2008, 11:39 AM

ok thanks guys just needed some other opinions im steering towards this kit http://www.procivic.com/pages-produc...505/index.htmland another question with this kit do i need an ecu???

Old 04-17-2008, 12:23 PM
HCF Member

About procivic.com
i have found that ALWAYS their prices are over most competitors such as TireRack.com or JCwhitney.com etc
I emailed them regarding this and their 110% guarentee, well that was BS. They gave me a $15 off discount code while TireRack.com had the same item about $80 cheaper and also the shipping was cheaper from TireRack.com.
They said was the best that they could do. They also wanted an additional $50 for shipping. Ha
Just thought I would throw that in there.

Old 04-17-2008, 01:36 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: LilMin

ok thanks guys just needed some other opinions im steering towards this kit http://www.procivic.com/pages-produc...505/index.html and another question with this kit do i need an ecu???
that kit looks ALOT better than the ebay one for sure. I know AEM makes an EMS for 01-05, which would be awesome, just as good or better than an OBD1 conversion, which unfortunately your 7th gen can't do, so your options are limited. You have the option of a piggy back as well, but thats not really waht you want. That link does say the kit includes some sort of fuel controller, but idk anything about it or how good it is.

Old 04-17-2008, 01:45 PM

ok thanks again ya i know the options for my engine are definetly limited or quite $$$pricey$$$$ hopefully by the end of summer my civic will have a good set up

Old 04-17-2008, 04:16 PM
Snail'n Admin

thats much better than the ebay kit....good work, a lot more common sense than the other kids on here who ask about kits ::thumbup::

Old 04-17-2008, 04:54 PM
HCF Member

ok man here's the deal. that tsi kit has had a crap ton of problems. sure its cheap, but it comes along with a lot of issues. that 'fuel system' is pretty useless, you have to pretty much scrap it, buy a set of rsx or srt-4 injectors and a piggy-back/stand-alone ecu. i've read a lot of accounts of people having some serious fitment issues as well. i have heard of a few people using them with quite a bit of success, but with a lot of custom work done to them. for fuel management you have two options and some sub options. piggy-back or stand-alone. piggy-backs: e-manage has had lots of issues not even gonna talk about it. aem f/ic and pcs xfc have had great reviews, i can personally vouch for the f/ic. its easy to use, simple to work with and with a pnp harness, super easy to install, and it has hardly any problems at all pulling fuel out of large injectors for a smooth idle and retards timing. the emanage struggles a lot with that, or so i've heard. a stand-alone is far superior to a piggy-back but comes with the pricetag to match. you have full control of everything thus more power and a better tune. for stand-alones you have the aem ems and k-pro. i'm not positive, i havent done a lot of research into it, but i believe for the k-pro you have to use an rsx ecu and have it converted. please dont cheap out on a turbo project, it will show and end up costing more in the long run. dezod.com has the only good kit for our 7th gens. they are pricey but they are worth it. the parts are allquality, they all fit, and their customer service and support is outstanding. i bought a dezod kit used, and i am still very pleased with it so far. keep saving, watch the for sale section on this and other forums. if you want to put in the time and research you can always piece together a setup, but it takes lot and lots of research to be able to do successfully. so there is 7th gen turbo in a nutshell take it for whats its worth. ultimately i suggest doing the research to learn about turbos and decide for yourself what you really want.

Quick Reply: Need turbo opinion quickly!!!