Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

need turbo pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 01:28 PM
Default RE: need turbo pics

i think they adjust with CNG flow with that round box.it looks like a distributorits a round thing that does all the calculations and other things for the CNG,its like the CNG FMU i guess.i guess they will configure it some how.i hav a boost gauge,but it has 20 psi range.and 30 something backwords.

but how will i stop the turbo to 5-6 psi??i didnt get that point,i mean is there anyway to configure the turbo so it give low boost??tell me how to do it.and i hav 2 turbos in option.one is a smaller turbo,used in 2C engine.other is the bigger turbo,used in 3C engine.i'm going for the bigger 1.coz the smaller 1 will give near about stock performance.

Old 05-07-2006, 01:46 PM
HCF Member

Ok, I see on the CNG.

Smaller turbo will give near stock performance? Any turbo will be better than stock. Far as adjusting the boost on the turbo, there should be a wastegate actuator rod, and theres a nut on there. You can increase or decrease the boost by twisting that nut. That inturn puts more or less pressure on the spring keeping the wastegate open longer or closed. Post some pics of those turbo's you got.

Old 05-07-2006, 01:48 PM
HCF Member

Actually, how big are those turbos that you got? The boost you'll be able to run will be determined by their size. I said 5-6 psi not knowing how big they are.

Old 05-07-2006, 02:14 PM

i don have the pic of those turbos.but did u saw the "Petes Turbo Grocery List" topic in the "DIY - Do It Yourself >> Drivetrain DIYs " section??the smaller turbo looks something like that turbo.

and the bigger turbo is kinda like the turbo in "Installing a turbocharger by spoon95" topic.in " DIY - Do It Yourself >> Drivetrain DIYs " section.

the bigger 1 is about 40% bigger than the smaller 1 i guess

Old 05-07-2006, 02:20 PM

and in here,they say its 100 octane

Old 05-07-2006, 10:42 PM
HCF Member

If the smaller turbo looks very similar to the one in Petes gorcery list, Id use that one. Thats a DSM t-25, it is pefect for a stock D series. It would spool up quicker than the bigger one, and you should be able to run 5 psi easy. Do you have the manifold to bolt it up to?

Old 05-08-2006, 08:56 AM

u sure that smaller 1??i mean with CNG the engine already produces much low power,and still the smaller 1??i mean isn't 5psi a lil too low??I was thinking bout getting the bigger 1,wht u think bout that??i mean wouldn't it be much more better???and besidez my engine is running in good condition.

Old 05-08-2006, 09:00 AM

and i'll take the stock manifold that comes stock with that turbo.I mean the manifold of that 2C/3C engine van.and the modifi that manifold to fit in my civc.i don think it will be problem.if needed then i will cut the two manifolds and join them with 1 another for making 1 manifold that will work with my civic and this turbo.

Old 05-08-2006, 11:13 PM
HCF Member

That smaller turbo isnt bad. Just because its smaller, doesnt mean its not better suited for your needs. I cant say, but if its very similar to the DSM T-25, than it would be perfect for you. You're running stock internals, and wont be boosting more than 7 psi, even if that. I said 5 to be safe. You could run 6 and be ok. But again, with this whole CNG gas and carburator thing, I dont know how its all gonna turn out. You'll feel a big difference on 6 psi.

Old 05-09-2006, 06:29 AM

hmmm,ok then i guess i'll try da smaller turbo,and besidez i just thought bout somthing new.i'll sale my civic after 8-10 months a get 1 of those kit cars.so i think i shouldn't take too much risk on this car.i was thinking about getting those K1 Attack kit cars and rebuilt it with a honda 2.2L DOHC V-TEC engine and a few other mods from u guys help.

so i'm just gona bolt on the smaller 2C turbo,ryt??

Quick Reply: need turbo pics