Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 03:10 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Turbo

Lets take it easy on the poor kid. But Ben these guys are right they all know what they are talking about. And as for the "DONT BOOST YOUR CAR" comments I wouldnt listem to those. I was in your shoes about a year ago, I never wanted to buy some ebay scam but I didnt know alot about how boost worked so I read and read on here and other sites and learned as much as I could about turbos for about a year straight and its all been very fun and interesting and I just put together my kit piece by piece for about $1100 and Im finally starting the install here in the next week or so. It may take you a little more money to put a turbo on a K20 but just Keep reading, learning stuff and asking questions and you'll know everything you need to know in no time. It takes alot of work but the satisfaction of doing it right will be worth it in the end.

Old 10-14-2006, 07:51 PM

I'm not telling him not to boost his car because I don't want him to have a turbo, I'm telling him that for his very own good. Like I said, there is no easy way to tune a K20, you need Kpro + injectors and that is serious $$$$. We're talking around $1000s of necessary money to spend, unless of course you want him to use an FMU or hack. That's on tuning EQUIPMENT alone, not to mention it's not cheap to tune Kpro.

You can lowball a Dseries turbo setup, hell you can even lowball a Bseries turbo setup because tuning is $150 and a chipping kit away. It doesn't roll that way with a Kseries, they're serious engines that need serious tuning.

It's just my honest $0.02, Ben, if you really want to turbo, buy a beat up hatch for $500, rebuild the engine with vitara's and tuner toy rods, then drop an ebay kit into it. That way you have a daily driver, and a car that you can rag on for ****s and giggles. If you do this, trust me when I say you will find out what I mean by you need to research what you're doing, and not cheap out on parts.

Don't take my post as me saying "you don't know what you're doing." Just don't be so eager to jump into this, you will terribly regret it later.

Old 10-14-2006, 08:50 PM
HCF Member

^ hey bro, these fools know what they're talkin about...

I know how u feel...u have the money to blow, so why not?

there is a lot of $hit involved w/ setting up a turbo...don't rush, wait better yet rush it and have the $hitiest life experience ever. If u don't wanna take the great advice that ur getting here, then don't and learn a lesson

i'm not comming down on, so don't get mad...U asked a Q and it seems that u already have an answer