Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Turbo ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 10:53 PM
Default Turbo ?'s

So i have a 07 civic si sedan and im looking for a turbo kit. The 2 that i found were both on this site. http://www.procivic.com/pages-main_p...and-parts.html. I am wondering if anybody has purchased and bolted on either on of these kits. I want to go with the turbo specialties kit because it a more powerful turbo but im wondering if its going to throw cels and mess up my engine. The greddy one seems more reliable but isnt as much of a gain. So which one is better and safer to go with. Let me know all the answers that you guys have. Thanks and sorry that im a noob.

Old 09-18-2007, 10:07 AM
Default RE: Turbo ?'s

i am also looking into a turbo. i am going to get the turbo specialties because the garret turbo system is really nice. your CEL wont turn on from it, however you will need a catback, and you will also need to relocate you 02 sensors. once relocating your 02 sensors, your CEL will not turn on. go with turbo specialties, but dont buy from procivic. they're a rip off especially with shipping. go to rms-usa.com and call them up and order your turbo through jamill, he;s the man who will hook you up.

Old 09-18-2007, 04:03 PM

That kit isnt even on that site. Also just wondering but the greddy kits are the same price on both sites. Also anybody know why the specialties kit is cheaper but puts out more power then the greddy?

Old 09-19-2007, 04:18 AM

The greddy one seems more reliable but isnt as much of a gain
more power is the turn of a **** away... or the click of a button. (boost controller)

Old 09-19-2007, 02:38 PM

Kits can only get you so far, it's really up to how well the car is tunned. But,

beesandgoats.com/boostfags/g2icturbo.html

hope this helps

Old 09-19-2007, 02:40 PM

ORIGINAL: RCJr9186

The greddy one seems more reliable but isnt as much of a gain
more power is the turn of a **** away... or the click of a button. (boost controller)
I wouldn't mess with the boost controller unless you're tunning, because you're leaning your engine out.

Old 09-20-2007, 03:33 PM

That site doesnt work jason. Ok so which kit would you guys choose if you were going to get one and y?

Old 09-20-2007, 03:43 PM
HCF Member

Guys, I don't mean to be rude, but you need to do A LOT more research before you buy a turbo. Fuel management, tuning, optional accesories (turbo timer, boost controller, and TONS more. It's not just a bolt on and go...it might work, but you'll decrease your engine life and probabaly damage things.

For your own sake, spend many hours researching so you're fully aware of the cost and work involved.

Old 09-20-2007, 03:56 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: bakertime

Guys, I don't mean to be rude, but you need to do A LOT more research before you buy a turbo. Fuel management, tuning, optional accesories (turbo timer, boost controller, and TONS more. It's not just a bolt on and go...it might work, but you'll decrease your engine life and probabaly damage things.

For your own sake, spend many hours researching so you're fully aware of the cost and work involved.
x2. turbo and "noob" does not work.

Old 09-20-2007, 06:11 PM
HCF Member

Right here its noobs teaching noobs.

To start yourself off, go to every Honda related forum, and read the stickied threads in the turbo and Forced induction section. When you're done read them again.