Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Turbocharging a new model si sedan

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 08:05 PM
Default Turbocharging a new model si sedan

Hey guys, I just purchased a new civic si sedanand i was wondering about turbocharging it. I dont want to push too much horsepower into the engine and screw the transmission or have to do a bunch of other mods so the car will run right. I also want to know how much will have to go into putting a turbo on one of these as far as labor and money, andhow much HP and torque i can expect to gain from a good turbo. also is thereany chance that i can expect honda to make a turbo anytime in the future for this civic that would not void my warrenty. I dont know much about car mods because i have always owned a truck although i have always wanted a performance car. last question, does the HFP exaust from the kit add anyhorsepoweror is the kit mostly for betterhandling and asthetics. thanks for any info....

Old 06-13-2007, 08:22 PM
HCF Member
Old 06-13-2007, 09:14 PM
Default RE: Turbocharging a new model si sedan

My suggestion, especially with this being your first time down the path of turboing an N/A car, would be to buy a beater Dseries and turbocharge that. Much larger aftermarket availability, a lot cheaper, a lot easier to get the right parts to tune.

I really wouldn't suggest turbocharging a new car like that, ESPECIALLY if it's your first time.

Old 06-13-2007, 11:28 PM

If I were to turbo it, it would possibly be waaayyy down the road. But, im **** about these things so that is why i am researching about it so soon. i figure in a few years, with enough knowledge, i might consider taking on the task but i wont be installing it myself. i will leave that to a trained pro. basically, i want to know what my options are and what kind of gains im looking at. Does anyone recommend that HFP kit?

Old 06-27-2007, 11:53 AM

I just installed the greddy turbo kit on my 07 Si Sedan and I love it...I am in the break in period so I am running minimal boost. Soon as I hit 1k miles on the turbo I will dyno and tune it.

Old 06-27-2007, 05:01 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: bigfank3

I just installed the greddy turbo kit on my 07 Si Sedan and I love it...I am in the break in period so I am running minimal boost. Soon as I hit 1k miles on the turbo I will dyno and tune it.
You shoulda already tuned it.