Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

twin turbo b20b?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 08:29 AM

You are saving money for a car, but you are going to college soon? Why not spend that money on school instead?

You are looking at like $20k or more for a Honda to put down numbers that you are talking about.

Old 02-22-2012, 12:03 PM
HCF Member

Street racing isn't cool. Ever. Grow up, be a man, and keep it safely on the track.

Trust me, when you're done college and have a degree, then you can build your dream car. And by then, your priorities will have changed, too.

Seriously, skip this plan for now. There's better things to do with your life.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:17 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by ChristianL
Street racing isn't cool. Ever. Grow up, be a man, and keep it safely on the track.

Trust me, when you're done college and have a degree, then you can build your dream car. And by then, your priorities will have changed, too.

Seriously, skip this plan for now. There's better things to do with your life.
i need to pay you to be my consultant.

Old 02-23-2012, 05:53 AM
HCF Member

i have scholarships that actually will pay for most of my school and my grandmother is paying the rest of my college for me. Thats the reason why i am not putting my money toward school, because the college is already being paid for in the future. i just want to get the build in mind so that way i am able to plan out my money spendings

Old 02-25-2012, 07:26 PM
HCF Member

OP, have you ever owned a turbo Honda? Worked on one? Helped put one together? Have you ever even driven one? twin turbos is pretty over-kill on any 4 cylinder Honda engine...

Its for bragging rights, which is retarded. In fact, most Supra owners switch to a single turbo because they say it works better, runs better and is much more simple to tune.

NOW, with that being said, check this out: Bi-Turbo Honda Del Sol - YouTube

there's a build thread on Honda tech for it, I believe... (I think it was on Hondatech, it may have been somewhere else... doesn't really matter though, because the thread just had a few pictures and a link to the video) Also, I realize its not a DOHC LS like you were asking about, but it is proof that stuff like this has been done before.

Reminder: Not only with the turbo manifold and piping have to be custom made, but you'll need to find a VERY competent tuner in order to get it running right. Honestly, tuning would probably be the biggest hurdle in getting this to run reliably.

In the end, you have to ask yourself, "Is it really worth it?" Its going to cost you TONS of money, thats for sure. A basic turbo setup that you piece together yourself would be much more reliable, easier to tune and considerably cheaper. A twin turbo setup would only really be necessary in drag racing and honestly has no place on the street, especially by someone who's inexperienced with hondas/turbos/engines etc.,

Not trying to be rude here, just trying to set things straight.

Old 02-27-2012, 05:07 AM
HCF Member

i am not considering things i know what motor i want i know what specifications that i want the engine to perform. i am not fully sold on twin turbo, single turbo, or no turbo i am just trying to find a decent build to find the right match-up for the standards that i want.

Old 02-27-2012, 06:51 PM
HCF Member

what "standards"? I'm not sure what you're looking for here...

Do you have a horsepower goal in mind or something? everything from 200 hp all the way up to 1000hp has been done on a Honda engine, and its usually using a single turbo.

Your original post said that you wanted comments on you attempting this build. So far, thats what you've gotten.

Do you have any questions? I mean, you seem to have it all figured out...

Perhaps I'm just confused.

Don't get me wrong... if you're just bored and want to try it... GO FOR IT!

I, personally, would LOVE to see the build thread! I say: DO IT!

Last edited by Shandles; 02-27-2012 at 07:56 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:27 AM
HCF Member

Is 800 ft tq even possibly out of baby Honda engines? Any one know how Hyundai twin turbo'd their 2.0t sonata?

Old 02-29-2012, 06:08 AM
HCF Member

i want close to like 400-525hp i am trying to find parts and sites idk many need to know what intenals and things to get for my turbo