Non-Honda Discussion Discussion of all other makes and models takes place here!

Does State Farm really gives cheaper car+life insurance combo than just car insurance

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 02:40 PM
Default Does State Farm really gives cheaper car+life insurance combo than just car insurance

I just purchased my first car insurance in Canada and I have been told by State Farm agent that if I buy life insurance from them, my total payment for car+life insurance will be less than just car insurance.
I also wonder if I quit my life insurance contract now would my payment go up or down?
I am paying now $147 monthly for full coverage.
Thank you

Old 05-07-2011, 03:12 PM

State farm does give a "multi-line" discount. If you have home, life, and auto insurance through them, it ends up being cheaper. I don't know if that's any different in Canada, but that's how it works here in the states.

Old 05-07-2011, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by WellFedHobo
State farm does give a "multi-line" discount. If you have home, life, and auto insurance through them, it ends up being cheaper. I don't know if that's any different in Canada, but that's how it works here in the states.
Thanks, however I still do not understand what benefits they have in my case. I pay for car+life $147, and if I want only car insurance I would have to pay $169 (that's what I have been told ). Sounds weird to me
Life=$37 monthly that means that they have to give at least $59 off from car insurance for that deal.

Last edited by Damir Poljak; 05-07-2011 at 03:21 PM.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:13 AM
HCF Member

You should really shop around rather than trying to get a cheaper quote from 1 company. You might wanna try Esurance or Geico..they're pretty cheap. If you were in the military at any time you can go with USAA..they got like every kind of insurance. Just shop around..it just might save you some money each month.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:09 PM

In my experience, Geico has been the most inexpensive. I'm not sure of your age, but they cater to the younger crowd the most and provide them with the best deals. If you're older, you are probably better off with a different company that will charge you less based on the amount of driving experience you have.