Non-Honda Discussion Discussion of all other makes and models takes place here!

No insurance - ontario help please

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 05:44 PM
Default No insurance - ontario help please

So i was driving today and i got pulled over, i had no insurance on me but obviously i dind't tell the cop that i told him i dont have the slip on me at this time i have misplaced it, and my dad takes care of the the insurance,... he goes to his car and writes me a summon date, and I now have the possibility of getting charged with $5000 minimum, i went home and got insurance the same day, is THERE ANY way i may be pardoned for this, i do plan on saying i had no intention of driving with no insurance because i was aware of the fines, and i did believe that i was insured, had i known i wasn't i wouldnt be driving....would they be lenient at all? please help im a student and i definitely don't want a $5000 fine on top of tuition and other debts.

Old 04-30-2011, 07:22 AM

maybe this was a good lesson for you. I don't feel sorry for you one bit. maybe you should save the tuition money because you don't seem to have any common sense. You rolled the dice now it's time to pay up.

Old 04-30-2011, 01:28 PM
HCF Member

Well this is WHY it's against the law to drive without insurance. Instead of getting pulled over, you could have gotten into an accident you tried to avoid but was impossible to. What are you gonna say then?
Before driving a vehicle you need to have the proper documentation(including insurance) on you or in the car at all times, it is strictly your responsibility to make sure that you do...not the cop's..not the city's..not your parent's(you're a grown-up now)...your's.

Old 04-30-2011, 04:39 PM
HCF Member

This is exactly why I always make sure I have an up to date Insurance/registration card in my glove box at all times. Its so stupidly easy yet I always hear of people getting pulled over and when the cop asks them for insurance/reg they havnt a clue where its at. Duh put it somewhere where you wont lose it people have no common sense.

Old 06-15-2011, 08:53 PM

As you know, your legal obligation, in order to plate your vehicle in Ontario, is to have insurance. As you know, you must quote your policy number on the application to buy or renew your registration. You've got plates ... that you haven't got insurance creates a whole new question.
So ... tough luck. Next time - know better.