Pics and Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Honda Civic's, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

Who says girls don't know anything about cars??

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 09:06 AM
Administrator
Default RE: Who says girls don't know anything about cars??

what was that all about? im not familiar with it. what did you drive?

Old 10-31-2005, 07:18 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Mazda Rev-It-Up is basically a one day driving school/competition for anyone and everyone to take part in. Everyone from complete noobs, to professional drivers were there. Basically, you take three different "clinics," two runs at each one. There were Grip Dynamics, Car Control, and Racing Line clinics, at which you either got to drive a Manda3, 6, or a 3 hatch. Once you'd completeled those, there was the main AutoX track on which you drove a Mazda 3. A professional Driver took a couple laps and set the best time, and everyone competed to try and beat that time. The winner of each event (or anyone who beat the Pro's time), was awarded a free trip to compete at Laguna Seca for a possible sponsorship.

It was a really fun event, got to talk to some pro drivers, and a lot of really cool people. I almost didnt get my best time because there was a big sweeping right at the end of the track, and I was pushing it so hard i could feel the back tires coming out, but I held her tight and pulled in a time about a second & a half over the pro's time. They were supposed to have the event again this summer, but everytime i looked into it the site was under construction. I'm hoping they'll do it again next summer..

Old 10-31-2005, 10:53 AM
Administrator

did it cost you anything?

Old 10-31-2005, 11:37 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: Patrick

did it cost you anything?
Yeah, 40 bucks. But let me tell you, it was MORE than worth it.

Old 10-31-2005, 12:12 PM

ORIGINAL: ngoti8tor

Let me get this straight.......you're saying that if you were to race against Danica Patrick right now, you could beat her with no problem?
Like Patrick, I say yes as long as we're not running F1 cars (it sounds like I'm pretty much a younger version of him... only better). Put us in '64 Beetles, '00 Dakotas, '67 GT500s... it doesn't matter. I'm confident I could put it to her.

And I have nothing against women drivers... in fact, I really wish there were more of them who didn't just pretend to be interested so guys will like them. But overall (as a gender, trained or not), they do fall short in terms of driving skill.

Old 10-31-2005, 06:14 PM

I'll email Danica and see if I can set up a race against you guys.......

If she wins, I'll take her home and give her whatever she wants.
If one of you win, I'll still take her home and give her whatever she wants!

Old 10-31-2005, 10:09 PM
HCF Member

Ya'll know that she's driven other things than Indy cars right? I mean, I'm not sayin your wrong... I'm just sayin you'd have your hands full for sure. I've been to a Subaru camp, kinda like Forty's thing, and pride myself as a pretty damn good driver(growing up in the mountains helps) and I'm not even going to claim I'd beat her in a race.

Old 10-31-2005, 11:46 PM
HCF Member

yeah, she learned to drive as a kid, doing Karting, and pretty much won most of the races she entered. I would love to run against her, even in Indy cars, But I wouldnt say I could beat her. but, on the same hand, if i managed to even hang, that wouldnt say much for her.

Old 11-01-2005, 02:43 AM

I think Danica could beat anyone on this forum. In fact, I know she could.

Old 11-01-2005, 06:51 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

^Thats a pretty bold statement considering you've never seen any of us drive...

And i think you are wrong....in fact, I KNOW you are.

I'm not trying to play the "cocky" card, or prove that I'm the best driver out there, cause I'm most certainly not. But I learned to drive as a kid too, and Danica and I are about the same age. Granted, shes had more in depth experience than I have, but I'm no noob to road racing technique. I honestly think, that if given the oppurtunity I could give here a stern run for her money. But, until I can afford a race car, and time at a track with a professionsal indy driver such as herself, I guess we'll never know.

Quick Reply: Who says girls don't know anything about cars??