Pics and Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Honda Civic's, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

Why skaters should never rock cheap trucks

Old 06-04-2007, 04:34 PM
Super Cereal Admin
Default Why skaters should never rock cheap trucks

Flip - you'll enjoy this

Anyway, my dad made me help clean out our garage today. Well, about half-way through that, my ADHD kicked in and I was all like "Skateboard!!!". So, I grabbed one of my skateboards (I have 3). Well, the deck I happened to grab had cheap trucks. After about 5 minutes or so, I decide to throw a kickflip. Well, the landing wasn't perfect (if you skate, you'll be familiar with this kind of landing)... the deck was still sort of rotating when I landed. Not enough that I couldn'tstill land it, but it was at a slight angle. Anyway, the wheels hit the ground and crack!The front truck went completely sideways; I snapped part of the hanger completely off the truck. Here's some pics; enjoy!

Anyway, it gave me a reason to swap out trucks and truck parts. Now, I'm rocking some old... umm.. I don't know what brand trucks with the bushings from my old Venture Awake trucks (I snapped the kingpin clena in half on one of em doing a double-heelflip. I still haven't been able to get the half of the kingpin that's still stuck in there out.).

Also, just wondering, but does anybody else do this?

Like, you have a ratty deck or two that you skate all the time, and then that precious brand-new deck that you don't want to hurt? (for me, it's a Darkstar Mike Hastie Armor Light) And yes, that isthe Punisher skull I have cut out of my griptape.

Old 06-04-2007, 05:35 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Why skaters should never rock cheap trucks

haha thanks for the recogintion man

that sucks, i've got Venture Awakes on my board right now, wish i had Venture lows, i hate when trucks/wheels make your board sit high off the ground

i used to have one baord i didnt like to skate, but now i've got like 2 spare decks in my trunk cuz of my sponsor so i dont really take too good of care of them haha

on a side nots i learned Late Nollie Hardflips today, AKA Forward Flips, there a crazy lookin trick

Old 06-04-2007, 05:52 PM

Venture trucks suck...i snaped the kingpin on my Ventures just hoping a 4 stair lol. i've had Phantom 2 trucks for a long time and no problems. but w/e, i havnt skated in like a year...i dont even kno where my board is right now lol

Old 06-05-2007, 07:25 AM
Recognized HCF Member

iv ran phantom as well.

Old 06-05-2007, 07:36 AM
HCF Member

GrindKing FTW! I have had my grindkings forever and I used to skate very hard before,5 or 6 hours everyday at the park and they are still good. A little beat, but there doing good.

Old 06-05-2007, 08:19 AM
HCF Member

i had grind kings before my Ventues, they were sick

Old 06-06-2007, 06:33 PM
HCF Member

Im rockin the Tensors. Never let me down yet.

Old 06-06-2007, 11:45 PM
HCF Member

That sucks.
I try to skate but cant do anymore than an ollie lol

Old 06-07-2007, 08:44 PM

I have not gone skating in a very long time. I remeber before I had a car that was the only way I ever got around haha!