PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

EF Hatch for sale or trade, Melbourne FL

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 12:02 PM
Default EF Hatch for sale or trade, Melbourne FL

I have a 91 Civic Hatch for sale. I bought it awhile ago to replace my rabbit, and the possibilities of the car have gotten my performance itch going again. However, since I'm no longer in the snow belt I really want a rwd car for this purpose. I was willing to just go for it, but recently I was picking up my roommates at a local bar, and my car was hit by a pickup, which left the scene before anyone noticed that my car had been hit. It's superficial damage - the only things damaged were the hood, driver's front fender and the thin panel above the front bumper. No frame contact was made - thankfully, the truck's bumper must have been high enough to damage the hood and fender but left the lights and front bumper unscathed. It's not a lot of damage, and the car is light blue - a popular color - so finding a matching hood and fender shouldn't be hard. However, it's enough of a setback to make me want to just go ahead and get a RWD car for my project. I've also been thinking that it would be best to have a daily driver truck and my project as a weekend car, so the civic's out on those points as well.

It's a good car, though. Really good project material - I used to work at a body shop, so I checked the car for signs of previous accidents and frame damage, and found none. It's a four-speed D15 car, which means motor/tranny swap if you're into any kind of performance. The engine has a valve-guide seal leak and burns some oil - about 3/4 of a quart on a 75 mile trip to Orlando (it would be less if it were a five-speed), considerably less in day-to-day around town driving. The passenger side axle assembly needs to be replaced. The only other problem is a bad ball joint on the passenger side. However, that's an easy fix - I've already purchased a set of upper and lower ball joint inserts in polyurethane from Energy Suspension, along with a set of tie-rod end inserts if necessary.

So far, I've only added a set of VDO gauges (water, oil, volts), in an adapted center console from a first-gen VW Cabrio, changed the oil filter, checked the other filters and removed the air conditioning components (the compressor was seized and the lines were already purged), which I've kept. The exterior trim was re-done using professional body-shop paint.

I'm asking 800 obo for the car. Or I would trade it towards a good, stick mini truck (Chevy S10, Mazda B-series, Nissan Hardbody, etc.), Volvo 740 or 240 wagon, Mercedes Diesel, RX7, Celica Supra, MR2 (1st gen), or similiar cars.

If interested, email me at mabusonline at yahoo dot com.

Old 03-18-2005, 07:53 AM
Default RE: EF Hatch for sale or trade, Melbourne FL

im in palm bay....would you want to sell the gauges? if so how much?

Old 03-18-2005, 09:29 AM

i have a friend who has been desperatly searching for a hatch. he doesnt have much money, he has more than 800 though, and his current car is late 80's supra(im not sure the exact year) and he wants to get rid of it? you said you would trade for a supra, what years did you mean? let me know thanks

Old 03-20-2005, 08:47 AM

ill give you 500 cash for the car. i can pick it up to

Old 03-25-2005, 09:59 AM

?????????????