South West AZ, TX, NM, OK

theft in AZ and insurance

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 12:51 PM
HCF Member
Default theft in AZ and insurance

I have a 98 LX which I only use the 'club.' I know the club is only a deterent and not a sure way of preventing theft, so I also carry comprehensive insurance in case my car is stolen.

I am going to change insurance providers from Progressive to Geico, and I will be able to save $600 a year, but if I drop comprehensive off then I will be able to save $1000 a year.

My questions are:

Where can I find statistics for where the most stolen vehicles occur in the Phoenix meto?
How many of the vehicles are Civics?
How many of the vehicles are recovered?

I should be satisified with saving $600 a year and not chance it by dropping comprehensive, but I've lived here for 2 years so far and never had a problem, so I just want to determine if it might be worth the extra savings.

thanks

Old 10-31-2005, 12:10 AM
Default RE: theft in AZ and insurance

http://www.azwatchyourcar.com/

Old 07-23-2006, 09:03 AM
Default RE: theft in AZ and insurance

Well my wifes car has been stolen once and ALMOST stolen again last week But the guy only ruined the whole key slot and shaft. So I guess we got lucky. She has a 95 civic ex I think. Hell I don't even know but it has the v-tec. Anywho we pay full coverage with State Farm $83 a month. Ask for Sue 480-491-1007. I would keep all the insurance you can afford on the car.
ORIGINAL: oldschool

I have a 98 LX which I only use the 'club.' I know the club is only a deterent and not a sure way of preventing theft, so I also carry comprehensive insurance in case my car is stolen.

I am going to change insurance providers from Progressive to Geico, and I will be able to save $600 a year, but if I drop comprehensive off then I will be able to save $1000 a year.

My questions are:

Where can I find statistics for where the most stolen vehicles occur in the Phoenix meto?
How many of the vehicles are Civics?
How many of the vehicles are recovered?

I should be satisified with saving $600 a year and not chance it by dropping comprehensive, but I've lived here for 2 years so far and never had a problem, so I just want to determine if it might be worth the extra savings.

thanks