Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

88 DX stock suspension help

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 08:33 AM
Default 88 DX stock suspension help

Hello all,

I currently need some help from some fellow members. I've tried searching this every way I could think, but either got 5000 or no results. I drive an 88 Civic dx sedan, and have for about a year now. I've slowly been doing TLC when I could give the car down time long enough to do so. It's now warming up, and I have a car I can use in nice weather, allowing me to catch up on the maintenance. I got the car from an old lady who was the only owner with 210k miles on it. It now has 240k miles on it, and needs to be refreshed. I am looking to get new shocks (or struts, whatever it uses). While I'm in there, I wanted to change out any bushings or mounts I come across during the process. What should/can I change? Also, I am looking for stock replacement stuff, if anyone knows a good website that deals with replacement parts for a good price, a kit that would include all the little things i can change, ect would be great. A lot of the stuff I find on google is performance stuff which is not what I want. And anytime I enter the word "stock" in the searchbar, I get a ton of mods people do and no good sites for replacement parts. Thanks everybody for your help and happy motoring!