Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

96 Civic Rear Alignment Problem NEED HELP!

Old 12-29-2007, 03:45 PM
mxs
HCF Member
Default RE: 96 Civic Rear Trailing Arm

Well from their measurements they may be able to tell you what is actually bent/broken. Diagnose the problem before you start ordering parts.

Old 12-29-2007, 10:30 PM
HCF Member

I agree; a good alignment shop will be able to tell you exactly what needs replacing. I take all my cars to a shop that specializes in alignments, here in San Diego. They've been around forever and really know their stuff.

Old 01-01-2008, 08:03 AM

I treat alignment shops with some su****ion...
I have not found one that sets up rear suspention on a Civic that does not wear the outer edges of the rear tyres over time..
So I take a piece of string.. set the front wheels dead straight and get someone to help hold the string from front wheel to back on each side, in turn, as a reference, and check if the rear wheels line up with the string.
With the string held against the front wheel as a reference, bring the string to the rear wheel It should contact both edges of the wheel at the same time,... if the wheel is tracking with the front wheel...
It is quite obvious if the wheel is out of true..
The adjustment is very easy on the slotted mount hole.. and the tires wear dead flat.. the vehicle does not follow road ridges, or drift in cross winds..

Old 01-01-2008, 10:21 AM

ORIGINAL: iVAN

The adjustment is very easy on the slotted mount hole.. and the tires wear dead flat.. the vehicle does not follow road ridges, or drift in cross winds..
huh?

update: I hit a deer last night so I am no longer interested in spending money on the car. I am probably going to give it to my brother to use as a commuter. I will look it over some more and see if I can someone make a little adjustment on my own.

on another note, its possible that i might be parting the car out.. will let you guys know if that happens.

thanks again
Eric