Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Brake advice

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 05:30 AM
Default Brake advice

Hi everyone,

I have a Honda CIVIC 2007(1.8 ivtec, M/T) Hatch, European style.

With a few days ago my front brake plates beginning to squeal. This thing annoy me when I breaking from 60kmh.

I've go to the service and they tell me that the brake plates have reach to some zone where is a different metal structure,very hard one, and that why I have this problem. In time it seems will disappear, they hope.

If I want to chage the plates, then I must to pay everything, even the caris almost new(12000km)and more than that, no quarantee will be that after a few hundred km, the new brake plates beginning to squeal.

I think the breaking system from the Honda CIVIC, Sedan option, itis the same like the one from the Honda CIVIC Hatch version.

Based on thisand from your experience,maybe you may provide me some advices regard the design for Honda Civic "quality" breake plates that I can find on the USA market.

Kind regards.

Old 08-20-2007, 11:32 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Brake advice

Dealers try to tell you this when they don't want to bother with the problem. Cars as new as yours should NOT have squeeking brakes. Don't back down and spend money to buy new pads. Talk to a Honda customer service representative and explain the problem. The dealership should replace the pads or do something else to alleviate the problem at no charge to you.

Good luck.

Old 08-20-2007, 01:04 PM
Recognized HCF Member

dito... they should do something!!!!!!!
dont pay a thing!!!!!! when it comes to most buisness places when ya have a problem IF NICE DOESNT WORK THE FIRST TIME..... TIME TO BE A TOTAL @HOLE!!!!! cause after so much B****en THEY WANT YOU TO SHUT UP and will do what ever they need to do!.LOL

Old 08-20-2007, 11:27 PM

Hi,

Thank you for the answer, unfortunatelly here will be more difficult to impose such a normal point of view....anyway...if you need to change your brake plates for your Honda, what spare parts producer do you choose ?

I'm not stupid, I'll not pay any money for such a thing but in some point of time I'll need to change these...so that's why I asked about the qood price/quality spare parts producers.

Thinking a bit, will be more easy to me to buy some spare parts from the States and pay a correct price based on the quality of these besides the local Turkish or Spannish new spare parts from the local market, that has only the HONDA sign place on it and the price it is really huge.

Kind regards.