Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Bump in suspension

Old 11-27-2005, 08:26 AM
HCF Member
Default Bump in suspension

Alright... I had my struts replaced from stock to AGX KYB adjustables. When I first got the car back there was a bumping noise in the rear. It got worse when I softened the suspension, till I hit a good bump and then I thought my wheel fell off! The top of the strut mount looked like this [IMG][/IMG] but the washer on top was missing. Well the large bump I heard was something tearing in the left rear mount. They showed me the strut piston pushed up into the trunk...The mech's told me the kyb strut mounts failed BUT the mounts KYB send me were more like two bushings...the little rubber thingy below the washer in the above pic. I don't think this is right...Can anybody tell me what failed here and what they did wrong to cause it to fail!

I took it back in and now the bump in the rear is gone...and my mounts all look like the pic above(my first time uploading a pic so hopefully it is there...if not I'll repost the pic)

The bump noise in the rear seemed to arise as soon as the tire hit the bump in the road (rises or what I call rebound). NOW I have the same bump noise coming from the front......ONLY it sounds like it is happening when the tire drops (after hitting the bump) Can somebody enlighten me as to what the mech's did wrong.