Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Coilovers in Canada

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 06:32 PM
Default Coilovers in Canada

Hi,

This is my second post and a multi question post . I know VERY VERY little about coil overs and suspension systems. I just bought a 1999 Honda civic EX 4 door. A friend recommended that if I want to lower and raise my car easily to get coilovers. They seem like a good idea and for me a couple inches could make a big difference in the winter with the snow etc. My first questions is what are good brands of coilovers? My second question is what is a good site to purchase them or should I just ask my local customs shop? I will have them install it no matter what but I don't even know what brand to ask them about.

Thanks for you time!
Jeff

P.S can some one tell me if these: http://www.cosmoracing.com/productin...id=66&pid=1274 are decent coilovers? I am limited and can't order off e-bay since im in canada. Also whats the difference between 1 and 2 spring coilover kits?

Old 09-26-2005, 01:05 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Coilovers in Canada

i live in canada, my friend has coils and hasent had a problem with them, but if your gunna go for them and its your daily driver, go with something good and dont cheap out else you will regreat you got them cuz the crappy ride with cheap coils......and just to let you no, even tho your in canada u can get stuff off e-bay[&:]..anywear in the world

Old 09-26-2005, 01:28 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Coilovers in Canada

ORIGINAL: Xoopiter

P.S can some one tell me if these: http://www.cosmoracing.com/productin...id=66&pid=1274 are decent coilovers? I am limited and can't order off e-bay since im in canada. Also whats the difference between 1 and 2 spring coilover kits?
Those are actually just the sleeves, they are not full coilovers (springs AND shocks). I have never heard of that brand before (doesn't mean they aren't good quality). If you are just looking for the sleeves and want to leave your stock shocks on, you can do that. A good set of sleeves would be Skunk2, but they are a little more expensive. If you want a set, let me know, and I can get you set up.