Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Energy Hyperflex Suspension Install

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 04:56 PM
HCF Member
Default Energy Hyperflex Suspension Install

Ok for starts I did some research and didn't find any DIY for the Hyperflex kit, so I am going to start one tomorrow morning. I am doing a suspension upgrade on my 96 EX and will do a full DIY for everything along with my product review. Lucus Honda Dealership estimate btw was 1200 for install of the bushings and I think that was with out the trailing arms because of their press they had to remove the entire TA and it was like 4.5hrs at what ever stealership price they could come up with. I am doing the install in a shop that has a lift.

First question I have though is for one of the moderators, do I need to do the whole photobucket thing for embedding my pictures, can I just make the pictures smaller?

Ok so wish me luck, tomorrow starts the install of:

Eibach Pro Dampers
Tein Stech springs
Hyperflex Master Bushing set
Wicked Tuning LCA's
B&M Short Shifter
Front and Rear Strut Bars

Old 03-31-2008, 12:47 PM
Default RE: Energy Hyperflex Suspension Install

Not a mod. But I think I can help

If you're okay with the smalll pictures that you click on to make larger, then just click the "Click here to upload!" in the bottom left corner. Upload your pic, and make sure the checkbox that says "embed picture in post" is checked.

If you wanna have the big pics. Easiest way to go about it is photobucket..

Old 03-31-2008, 02:10 PM
HCF Member

wtf $1200 to replace bushings?

Old 03-31-2008, 02:30 PM
HCF Member

Well today wasn't very productive, if its not one thing its another. I would not recommend trying to do the Energy Kit in one day. maybe more tomorrow....

Yes thats $1200 to replace the bushings, and the sad thing is that I have the freakin bushings!! They have a hydralic press so they are charging me for the complete removal of all the parts, pressing out the bushings and installing the new ones. The kit is pretty extensive, there is a lot of parts to remove! I will have progress and pics shortly.

Old 03-31-2008, 02:52 PM
June 2010 ROTM

Good lord, it takes a while to do the whole kit. Do a little at a time. Check out the DIYs and follow the directions giving with the kit!! I started last summer and the only ones I have left are the upper control arm bushings. I'm just waiting for the snow to melt and the salt to be washed off the road.

Used this DIYfor LCA bushing and upper CA bushings too.
https://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_507169/tm.htm

The steering rack, upper shock, tie rod, ball joint, endlinks bushing are all relatively self explainitory.

Old 03-31-2008, 04:28 PM
HCF Member

I am doing the whole kit all at once, simply because I am going in and putting my new shocks/springs in and if I am in there then why not do the bushings too!

With my Eibach Pro Dampers, and Tein Stechs do I need to use the Eibach bump stops? Do I cut them down? I think with the Eibach springs you cut it part way.

With new LCA's, springs/shocks, I figured if I did the whole bushing kit at once then I would only have to do 1 ALIGNMENT!

Besides the car can stay on the lift for the next couple days, i am in no hurry to get it done. I just had back surgery 3 weeks ago and I don't want to re-injure myself.

Advice for any of you out there that are thinking about the Energy Suspension Kit, there is a lot more to it then you might think:
front control arm bushing set, front shock bushing set, front sway bar bushing set, front/rear coil spring isolator's, rear trailing arm bushing set, MT Bushings, rack and pinion mount bushings, front ball joint boot, front tie rod boot, front end link set.

Old 04-02-2008, 09:12 AM
HCF Member

Just an update, auto shop is closed on tues/wed so I will be back heavy on Thursday. I did happen to get pictures of my goodies just so you guys could see. By the way I HIGHLY recommend the Eibach Pro Dampers from www.autoanything.com They sent me the shocks, new rubber bushings, and LCA BOLTS! No kidding, Their price was the same as getting the Skunk2 shocks/kyb, and Tokico, and I personally think that Eibach is a better name when it comes to suspension.
Sorry I didn't get a picture of the shifter, ****, boot, and strut bars but those got put on the car on Monday.

[IMG]local://upfiles/29646/4B885AF391D24DF798AD7169D429A9F8.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-03-2008, 04:38 PM
HCF Member

Allright the Springs/shocks and a good portion of the Hyperflex kit is installed. The handling is night and day. My stock suspension was just shot so I don't havea "stock" baseline to work off, but the new ride is amazing. Firm, yet very comfortable on bumpy roads, speedbumps, and driveway humps. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND Eibach Shocks as they came with new LCA Bolts. The new Wicked Tuning LCA's look hot on the car, and made for a clean install. They came with new poly bushings allready installed. The setup gave me a two finger drop all the way around with the gap between the tires and fenders. I am running 17's.
Here are the pics!
I took extensive pictures of the install and I will post the DIY.

[IMG]local://upfiles/29646/4474BAFA2C0C4414BC374C643313FB95.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/29646/15C955417D7F44DB9C7B718D0AB00403.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/29646/4A55A22241CE40F096C9F57259644162.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/29646/B10ADF4D888F49F8A0D6A33B86837AF6.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-03-2008, 09:14 PM
June 2010 ROTM

Nice work, just keep an eye on the bushings on the Blox LCAs. They are know to go to crap in 1-2 years. The same goes for Megan Racing, and probably Wicked.

Old 04-10-2008, 08:01 PM
HCF Member

Just wanted to give an update on the Energy, I had the FLCA bushings pressed out, did the swap with no probs. I HIGHLY recommend a torch. It is the easiest way. Unbolt the parts, torch out the old, put in the new. I can't do that as I am in a governement facility and they frown on those things. Anyway, my full kit is installed minus my rear TA bushings. the car is stiff, comfortable, and I can't even begin to tell you how it rails. Overall difficulty with AIR TOOLS, LIFT is about a 8, with a torch about a 6. I can honestly say that I don't think I would do it again. By the bushings seperate for the purpose that you want, but doing the whole kit I feel wasn't worth it.