Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

PLEASE HELP... lower control arm bushing problem...

Old 10-24-2007, 04:02 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default PLEASE HELP... lower control arm bushing problem...

well i know its typical for the rear lower control arm strut bolt to seize AND IT DID!!!! i snaped one bolt and the other i messed the threads up on the bolt so i have to cut the bolts off and torch out the bushings...

i have the struts, lower control arms droped off the car already. one plus so far....

i plan on swaping suspensions from my friends civic cause he has stock and i have lowered and i want to drive this car for winter so NEED it jacked up main reason for swaping....

o sorry offtrack BUT anyways i just looked into some new LCAs and OUCH they are more than i thought..... like ruffly 100-150bucks from ebay..... and well i DONT THINK my friend will want to spend that kinda cash on new control arms even tho they would look cooler.... BUT for a typical cheapskate.....

how much are new bushings for the strut? so far my end bushings are good..... so at least on MINE i need just one pair of bushings.... now i have a press in my shop no problem. do they press right out? or is thier some special tool needed? if i can find some bushings preaty cheap for him and just press them in and out THAT WOULD BE GREAT!!!!

anyone know some prices and where i could buy some decent bushings? i dont see him needing anything but stock bushings since ill just be swaping out that single bushing.

i want to do this swap ASAP so im geting my suspension ready to just bolt up to his car..
and HOPEFULLY his control arm end bushings will come off just like mine did and i wont have to mess with those dam strut bolt or bushings myself!

and at least ill be able to slap up his stock suspension right onto my car.... but i MUST get his suspension back on ASAP cause he only has 2 cars for his family and needs both of them. he has a motorbike BUT with the temp i doubt he would want to drive it. LMFAO

Old 10-24-2007, 04:57 PM
June 2010 ROTM
Default RE: PLEASE HELP... lower control arm bushing problem...

Get some ES (energy suspension) bushings...

Do you have a phone number? It would be so much easier explaining on the phone...
But I'll start typing anyways

Old 10-24-2007, 05:01 PM
June 2010 ROTM

Otherwise, you can make your own poly bushings with the product Windo-Weld made by 3M. That can be found at most auto parts stores...

Old 10-24-2007, 05:05 PM
June 2010 ROTM

A how-to for the Windo-Weld product:
http://forums.trinituner.com/forums/...ic.php?t=68303
http://www.amazon.com/Windo-Weld-Sup.../dp/B0006L13FO

Old 10-24-2007, 05:06 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well he is looking for cheap as posible cause he has kids so money is always tight for him of course......
so as long as its close to stock style he will be happy with it.

i have no problem pressing out and in new bushings. THESE are what it looks like... and looks preaty cheap on ebay but not sure if its exactly right part i need.... but looks like it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...20492&rd=1

pressing them out and in is no problem. they will be EASY to press in and out cause they are preaty straight. the front ball joint was alaot tuffer.LOL i ended up using a visbench and a BFH to beat the old one out and the freezer trick and hammer trick worked great for instaling the balljoint. but thats cause the spindle is a realy odd shape.LOL

Old 10-24-2007, 05:07 PM
June 2010 ROTM

To get out the bushings:
https://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_497839/tm.htm